Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Happy is the bride the sun shines on". Was your wedding day sunny? Are you happy?

"Happy is the bride the sun shines on". Was your wedding day sunny? Are you happy?

Beautiful sunny gorgeous perfect weather for Harry and Meghan. Wonder if Diana pulled any strings and arranged it somewhere "up there" in the wherever hereafter?

Posted - May 19, 2018

Responses

40 years later I'm still very happy but my wedding certainly wasn't sunny. My mom Grandmother and half sister heckled our wedding ceremony then they brought thugs to our reception to cause chaos  and fights - luckily I had the best man and we took them out for a dance. After all that my mom stole our wedding album so we have no pitchers or keep sakes from our wedding. But none of that matters because I got .to do the Robot dance at our son's sunny wedding and we got hundreds of pitchers and  vids of their wedding. I'm sure if Diana could she would pull a million strings but as a sprit the best she could do is look down and smile. Cheers and happy weekend!  
      May 19, 2018 10:38 AM MDT

Your wedding story would make an interesting TV movie. 
      May 19, 2018 3:00 PM MDT

Yep an action packed love story. It would probably make a good Broadway musical - they could do the song Ballroom Blitz for the big fight scene.  Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 19, 2018 5:16 PM MDT

You are ALWAYS upbeat Nanoose so you are either happy or a darn good faker and I don't think there is anything phony about you. Why would your relatives be so creepy and mean and cruel?  I'm glad that you didn't allow them to spoil your life! You know it's said that "living well is the best revenge".  I enjoyed attending the Royal wedding. You know Meghan is a California girl so I guess I was kinda proud...like a grandmother would be. I hope their lives are filled with joy and good works. Thank you for your thoughtful reply m'dear1 :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 20, 2018 12:06 PM MDT
      May 20, 2018 3:27 AM MDT

Well in all fairness they were only mean and cruel at the wedding the creeyp part didn't start until years later when they turned on my kids.  After that I turned my back on them and made up new relatives then hung their pictures on my 331/3 relatives wall. I cut out pitchers of rock stars from record jackets then pasted them on the records. Got one of Tom Petty wearing a pair of Groucho Marx glasses and under it I wrote Uncle Tom being silly. Got another one of Burton Cummins holding hands and skipping threw a flower garden with a lady with a paper bag over her head -  under that one I wrote Sister Mary with Burt at Jackson Park.  Any way I recorded the Royal wedding but have only watched the first hour of it probably watch the rest tonight. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at May 20, 2018 12:01 PM MDT
      May 20, 2018 11:13 AM MDT

Ya know what Nanoose? You are hands down without a doubt the most creative person I have ever met in my entire life and I'm very old...80!. I'm not kidding you! Good grief and good golly miss molly and golly whiz. That brain of yours is really something m'dear. In a very good way. Who else on earth would ever think of doing that? I hope your brain remains intact your entire life. It is way too cool to "go astray"! Thank you for your reponse and sharing such cool stuff. You are a keeper! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 20, 2018 12:05 PM MDT
      May 20, 2018 12:04 PM MDT

Marry in May and rue the day. We've stuck 30 years so must be doing something right. And, yes the day was sunny. 
      May 19, 2018 10:40 AM MDT

I have never heard that saying before Malizz. Thirty years and doing well! That is extremely swell! Congrats and may it continue forever after! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      May 20, 2018 3:28 AM MDT

It was.  Oh yes happy.
      May 19, 2018 4:24 PM MDT

I'm glad on both counts og. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      May 20, 2018 3:29 AM MDT