Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you happen to know Meghan Markle is not the first bi-racial member of the royal family? Queen Charlotte herself was bi-racial and

Do you happen to know Meghan Markle is not the first bi-racial member of the royal family? Queen Charlotte herself was bi-racial and

the prince's grandmother is her great, great, great, great granddaughter. See pic.

Posted - May 20, 2018

Responses

The only fact I find interesting about the British royal family is that the Brits still have one. Some things in the bible hint that the Jewish royal line is preserved in Ireland, Scotland, and England. God promised there would always be an heir to sit on the throne for His people, so the continuity of the throne is significant in that respect.

I realize that some people don't believe that. That's ok. Please keep your objections to yourself if you have nothing to offer.
      May 21, 2018 1:57 AM MDT

"God promised there would always be an heir to sit on the throne for His people" is this backed by scripture?
    The ancient Israelites were guided by their prophets. Only upon their insistence to be like the heathen nations did The Most High allow them to anoint a king.
      May 23, 2018 8:48 PM MDT

Here is the analysis: https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/books_and_booklets/44
      May 24, 2018 3:06 AM MDT

BTW, the concept of race is quite meaningless over there.
      May 21, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

I disagree.
      May 23, 2018 8:49 PM MDT

no, i havent noticed that
      May 21, 2018 2:56 PM MDT

I didn't know she was mixed race. I thought she was white. It doesn't matter anyway, does it? 
      May 22, 2018 5:59 PM MDT

Well, we know every royal marriage is political so we can be sure it was discussed.
      May 23, 2018 8:45 PM MDT

Not only discussed but exploited. What's interesting is how many times before and at the wedding Meghan Markle is reminded she is Black even though technically just half AND she does not consider herself Black. Was the Black Bishop who gave a sermon, Black choir and Black celebrities like Oprah there for just any ole royal wedding? Did the tour of the common wealth countries, mostly Black, with Harry not benefit from her ethnic diversity? She will be used as if she is Black regardless of what she considers herself. Methink everything matters to royals everywhere there are royals.
      May 26, 2018 10:40 AM MDT

They (royals) probably just want to publicly show that they're now a "modern" family. I know Diana wanted her boys to have more of a "normal" upbringing, instead of the reclusive traditional one, which she achieved. And they certainly are a lot more with it in today's society compared to the older members. Think of it as a statement; "It doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from, the royal family now accepts everybody". That's probably what they were going for when they were organizing the wedding. 
      May 26, 2018 8:33 PM MDT