Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you had the joy of ordering from a McDonald's kiosk?

Have you had the joy of ordering from a McDonald's kiosk?

I want a PERSON to interact with. Waagh!
:(

Yeah, I got used to restaurant drive-through body-less voices to shout at -- but these kiosks - - order and pay by touching the screen -- a screen everyone else in the world has also been smearing over. And pay by cash? Nope, not at the kiosk I was at.

I survived by an employee who picked me up, sobbing, from the floor.
;)

Image result for mcdonalds kiosk

Posted - May 22, 2018

Responses

Maybe if they would put those former cashier/order-takers at the back, so the wait wasn't "so long" when they're busy.
      May 22, 2018 3:28 PM MDT

Hi Walt O'Reagun - - do you mean, that the workers who used to be cashier/order takers are now working in the back? Or they should put those workers in the back to prepare food?

Sorry I didn't follow your answer - - I just came from my failed first solo attempt at a kiosk, ha!
    :)
      May 22, 2018 3:33 PM MDT

I mean they *should* put them to work in the back ... at least during "rush" times.
    I don't mind using the kiosks ... but they are allegedly to speed up the process.  But they don't.  Because the prep area (back) hasn't been updated, so they can't meet the increased speed of ordering.
      May 23, 2018 7:18 AM MDT

That makes sense about the back not being updated and the ordering is speeding up. Thanks!
      May 23, 2018 8:04 AM MDT

Wow, those are nasty machines.  touching them just before you eat as well, ewww.
      May 22, 2018 4:50 PM MDT

Yeah, the touching part I'm a bit surprised at. I'm sure the establishments keep them very clean but still, I'd think there'd be times when it wouldn't be so easy to keep washing them.

May 23, 2018 8:05 AM MDT

We never eat at MacDonalds or any of those fast food places.... Who knows what's in the meat and the shakes are not made with milk ....:( 
      May 22, 2018 5:20 PM MDT

Come on.  Who knows what is in the MILK you drink for that matter? 

Do you grow your own cow?  Who knows what that thing is eating.

VANILLA REDUCED FAT ICE CREAM (Milk, Liquid Sucrose (Sugar, Water), Cream, Nonfat Milk Solids, Corn Syrup Solids, Mono- and Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Dextrose, Sodium Citrate, Artificial Vanilla Flavor, Sodium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Disodium Phosphate, Cellulose Gum, Vitamin A Palmitate.), MARASCHINO CHERRY (Cherries, ... This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 23, 2018 8:06 AM MDT
      May 22, 2018 5:47 PM MDT

Do we really need to drink muck like that....  It worries me what actually gets into natural milk....if a cow is fed steroids or antibiotics does that then get into the milk we buy.....I would think what ever gets eaten or injected into the cows ,gets into the milk also ...
      May 22, 2018 6:13 PM MDT

Heck, based on the videos of using "soft" drinks and energy drinks as cleaners ... I think those should be in the aisle with cleaning chemicals.

I'm surprised California doesn't require bio-hazard warnings on them.
      May 23, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

(And I admit that I love this particular flavor - - I need to cut back on it.)

Image result for monster energy drink
      May 23, 2018 8:07 AM MDT

My brothers use Coca Cola to eat the carbon off of car diesel cylinder heads and also as a toilet cleaner....It has many great uses ,but you must never drink such gunk....:( 
      May 23, 2018 9:19 AM MDT

And do you know what I drink that comes in second place behind this Monster drink for measly WelbyQ? Coca cola!
    My insides are as clean as a cylinder head and a toilet!

Water is so boring to me, though. (Except after exercising, it tastes good.)
      May 23, 2018 1:01 PM MDT

I've lately been liking their Sausage Egg McMuffins now and then.
      May 23, 2018 8:08 AM MDT

I've had them to years ago.....but stopped eating them in my late teens when my parents caught me eating one....
    Now I only go there for coffee if I'm desperate,which is not that bad ,just weak and often watery....:( 
      May 23, 2018 9:24 AM MDT

I love their chocolate milk-or-whatever shakes, though!
      May 23, 2018 1:02 PM MDT

I have what ever shakes I'm told and more so if I runalot .....thing is ,it's not milk in MacDonalds shockers....:)
      May 23, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

No.  Can I build my own fish filet?

I think they do it good as it is.
      May 22, 2018 5:46 PM MDT

I bet you'd be good at restaurant work -- at any of the facets of it. I've worked at two restaurants and found both of them VERY difficult for me! (I got fired within two weeks at one of them.) I admire people who can work in that atmosphere of a "rush."

You'd build a MEAN Filet-o-Fish! I'd buy yours in a sec!
      May 23, 2018 8:11 AM MDT

You can't pay with cash?  I do not ever go to McDonalds but that does surprise me.  It would be enough to keep me from going there.  But I already don't, so.....
      May 22, 2018 6:24 PM MDT

I should have been more clear. The kiosk seemed to only take debit or credit cards at the kiosk itself. If you needed to pay in cash, somehow it tells you to, after ordering, to go to the counter and pay - - but the counter was the place I wanted to start at anyway! Ha!

Yeah, the whole thing makes me want to avoid going inside the restaurant because the kiosk seemed to be the only place they wanted me to order from. Fortunately, a very nice employee was there to help me pretty early in my ordering process. I exaggerated in my question. I didn't cry and I wasn't on the floor, ha!
      May 23, 2018 8:16 AM MDT

I rarely go to McDonald's. They've reduced sizes over the years, so you don't get much to eat compared to what you get at a bagel shop or a deli.
      May 23, 2018 8:21 AM MDT

The meat in a quarter pounder is the same size ,it's everything else that's just shrunk.......

Did you know if you leave a Big Mac on your windowsill in the summer ...no flies will land on it so it's always safe to eat....:)D
      May 23, 2018 9:29 AM MDT

I've only gone to get their chocolate milk shakes and these Sausage Egg McMuffins (they could become a bad habit if I allow it, yikes) --  I've rarely gone there so I don't know about the size differences. Interesting!
    A bagel shop or deli sounds good right now, actually! This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 23, 2018 3:51 PM MDT
      May 23, 2018 12:56 PM MDT