Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Is it possible im finally getting rid of these bugs?

Is it possible im finally getting rid of these bugs?

My apt building has had issues with bedbugs, ive had to get my place heat treated and sprayed several times. had to get rid of my bed, not cheap to have a company pick it up, after that i was sleeping on the couch for months, but then they told me i had to get rid of that too since the sprays werent killing them, so i had that taken away too, then i went to walmart and got me a blow up bed, did that on purpose cause i got tired of them nesting on everything i sleep in. saw a couple the first couple of days and after that nothing. its been almost 3 wks since ive seen one. do you think theyre gone for good? i dont think they like my new bed cause they cant nest there.

Posted - May 24, 2018

Responses

Aw , thats awful Pearl. I HOPE the stray got rid of them. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you . ;)
      May 24, 2018 11:37 AM MDT

Wash all your cloths ,towels , bed linen on the hottest wash  possible.....get rid of carpets and clean every surface/cupboard  with a suitable insecticide...   After washing your clothing put them in sealable plastic clear storage bags....

It takes a lot to kill them and you're going have to be extra vigilant for quite a while until you're sure they are all dead....
    Watch out for any tiny red blood spots on your body and make sure what ever soft coverings/beds soft furniture form your home is burnt....If there is any dumped beds,material chairs left out side your building in Rubbish collection areas,make sure they are collected quickly to.....

Posh hotels are the worse places to bring home bed bugs from.....They travel the world in the most expensive suitcases and luggage.... 

May 24, 2018 12:54 PM MDT

Don't you love sleeping on the air mattress?  I have a full size one I've used for the kids before I bought the twin beds.  I love sleeping on them.  Years ago before the mattress I wanted went on sale I bought an air mattress and put on top of my box springs.  It was a great bed for about three months, then it started leaking.  I got tired of waking up to add air to my bed about the same time the Simmons mattress I wanted went on sale.  Anyway, I hope you can stay free of the bugs.  You might want not buy another mattress and sofa for a while, if you can avoid it.  That gives you time to save up so you'll have money for it as well as for the bugs to find a new permanent home.  
      May 24, 2018 9:47 PM MDT

i miss sleeping on the couch, it took me a while to get used to the air mattress, but i love that the bugs arent around to bug me, they hate my new bed so i havent seen any in almost 3 wks, im hoping theyre gone for good, it doesnt deflate on me and if it does its only a little bit so if i start having a hard time getting up then i just blow it up again, i have the kind with a built in pump, all i gotta do is plug it in and turn the button on and it does that on its own
      May 25, 2018 8:20 AM MDT

The problem with bed bugs is that even if the bugs are dead, there will still be eggs that hatch later and more bugs show up. That is why they do multiple treatments. Bed bugs are attracted to body heat and blood, so they would have probably found you even on an air mattress.

When you get a real mattress, I suggest you get a good bed bug-proof cover to put on it. Then the bugs can't infest your mattress if they come back.  They cost a bit, but are cheaper than replacing a mattress.  

An apartment in my condo had bed bugs and after they figured they were gone, the pest control company brought in a specially trained dog that went into each apartment and sniffed for any bugs. Luckily, they found none.
      May 25, 2018 5:54 AM MDT

the eggs arent around to hatch, they were on my couch that i got rid of, and they cant nest on an airbed, they hate plastic
      May 25, 2018 8:22 AM MDT