Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you think/communicate more often prosely or poetically? Do you have a natural affinity for rhymes. Are you a poet?

Do you think/communicate more often prosely or poetically? Do you have a natural affinity for rhymes. Are you a poet?

Posted - May 28, 2018

Responses

I don't have the Tyme for such Rhymes .
    And I know some can be fun and Devine.
    I do like and try to use Puns.
    It's a cute way of poking some fun.
    When penning some words for a skit.
    Its really just showing off my great Wit.
    To make people barf might seem daft.
    But it cheers me to make people laugh....
    So many have had no fun for a while.
    So why not make those people smile.

:) 

May 28, 2018 3:44 AM MDT

Some go through their entire lives without smiling
    So they completely miss out on all that's beguiling
    They're dour and sour and glower hour after hour after hour after hour
    They don't like the sun but do adore showers
    The question is why?
      May 28, 2018 3:51 AM MDT

A shower if rain.
    Is often a pain.
    Were the sun brings delight.
    If it's not hot and too bright.
    With the sun I'm a fan,
    As I do like to tan. 
      May 28, 2018 4:12 AM MDT

What SPF do you use D? Seriously? Both Jim and I have had Mohs surgery for skin cancer and we see a dermatologist twice a year and she does a full body examination. She recommends an SPF of 100! I used to love to tan for years. That was before we learned it could cause cancer. I'd use lotion not to protect my skin but to get a deeper tan. Skin cancer is very common and there are 3 kinds. Melanoma is the worst. It can kill you. The middle kind is Squamous cell and Jim had that. It can kill you but isn't as deadly. I had basal cell which is the most benign.  Damage to skin occurs decades before cancer shows up unfortunately. You're young. Take care of your skin now and you won't have to worry about surgery. I know I sound like granny Rosie here but really it's important. Now I bet you are going to tell me that you know all about it and use an SPF 75. Right? Thank you for the nifty poem D. Here in California we LOVE rain. We get so little of it. Oh. Another question. Why do we value what's rare more than we do what isn't? You saw it here first. I'm gonna ask! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 28, 2018 4:32 AM MDT
      May 28, 2018 4:31 AM MDT

The highway runs forever, wheel in my hand, thunder after midnight, across the promised land.  (this is part of a song lyric of mine that won second place in a national lyric writing contest judged by country singing star Aaron Tippin.) 
      May 28, 2018 5:22 AM MDT