Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » When you get a new computer do you try to make it look and feel exactly like the old one?

When you get a new computer do you try to make it look and feel exactly like the old one?

I confess I do! My new tablet has the same tulip wallpaper that my very first tablet had years and years ago.... and similarly my new computer will have a hydrangea pic as wallpaper.  I once hunted down a legacy/classic appearance of windows to make it look and appear like the old version.... I  am going to struggle with that on this one as it's the dreaded windows 10 whereas my old one was XP or something... grrr.. 

Posted - May 28, 2018

Responses

Not possible. When I got rid of my 11 year old desk top, too  things had changed. And you are correct about 10...It sucks. I want my XP back. This post was edited by Element 99 at May 28, 2018 3:50 PM MDT
      May 28, 2018 5:18 AM MDT

Every now and then I get bored with the appearance of my computer and I change things. When I get a new computer, I put the old hard drive in it so there is almost no change.
      May 28, 2018 6:08 AM MDT

I still use flowery wallpapers, but that's pretty much it. Sunflowers and daisies are my favorites. I use cloud drive for important files and whatnot.
      May 28, 2018 6:15 AM MDT

Yes, and then Microsoft update and change my settings so things become useless. The just changed Media Players defaults to make them appropriate for a mobile App (checkmark by "show only the 5 most recently played") for the second time, but this time I was prepared and changed the default right back to "show all"
      May 28, 2018 6:57 AM MDT

no cause i like the new one better
      May 28, 2018 3:23 PM MDT