Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some days everything/everyone bugs you. Other days you're good, fine, calm, benign. What are your triggers?

Some days everything/everyone bugs you. Other days you're good, fine, calm, benign. What are your triggers?

Posted - June 1, 2018

Responses

I have this built in feature that makes it hard to spend money. Miserly, I guess. Comes from growing up broke. 
      June 1, 2018 2:25 PM MDT

I'm a cautious spender too bh but I do have ONE extravagance! Food. We don't spend money traveling  or going out. Our entertainment is centered in our home except that Jim LOVES tennis and golf and so of course he has that. Tennis costs nothing. Golf costs us nothing since he plays at the  9-hole golf course within the retirement community. Occasionally he will play with others at 18-hole courses and that costs money but not all that much. My entertainment besides anything to do with food (from shopping to preparing to serving to eating to cleanup) centers on the computer...internet searches...what's going on in the world...Answermug..emails and the TV. I get in ruts of watching the same channel and my current rut is THE SCIENCE CHANNEL. Endlessly fascinating. I think I mentioned that if I were smart enough I would have loved to have been a quantum physicist or astrophysicist. I'm so drawn to all that stuff I can only imagine working in that kind of atmosphere would have been beyond exciting for me. I'm not a clothes horse. I don't go to the beauty parlor. I'm a plainwrap gal. I don't go out with the "girls". Never did that. Not my cuppa tea. So I think I'm a pretty conservative spender. Always pay bills ahead of time when possible. I cannot stand owing money to anyone. Thank you for your reply bh!  :)
      June 2, 2018 5:23 AM MDT

Oh my! Your conservative roots are showing!
      June 3, 2018 4:07 AM MDT

Progressive Liberals also have Conservative leanings. You didn't KNOW THAT? I'm shocked.  Shocked I tell you. Never woodda believed it of ya frankly. Thank you for your reply bh. What liberal leanings do YOU have besides answering my questions? Inquiring minds wanna know these things! :)
      June 3, 2018 4:19 AM MDT