Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is eating "ROADKIILL" redneck or hillbilly food?

Is eating "ROADKIILL" redneck or hillbilly food?

Posted - June 2, 2018

Responses

TV comedy food. 
      June 2, 2018 9:06 AM MDT

I don't know... but I wouldn't want to eat it.. I remember my son hit a rabbit once and he was keen to bring it home and prepare it to cook.. .ewww... but he later found that it was unsuitable.. I will spare you the details :P
      June 2, 2018 2:03 PM MDT

It's all in what you're used to Addb. If you grow up eating certain things they're normal to you and roadkill is normal to some folks. I have read that in certain middel-eastern countries lamb or sheep eyeballs is considered a delicacy and if you are served them you must eat them. If you don't it is very rude/disrespectful. I cannot imagine getting it down without throwing it back up. But the folks who grew up with that kind of food would enjoy it I guess. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      June 3, 2018 6:47 AM MDT

I was thinking about it from a health point of view.... unless you know it's very fresh, there might be a danger... also it might be that the weak or sick animals are more likely to get run over... I was thinking too about my son's experience.. he knew the rabbit was fresh because he just killed it.. but what he didn't know, and I was trying to spare the details was that the stomach contents had burst and contaminated the meat..
      June 3, 2018 7:07 AM MDT

That is very true. The meat you buy in the market Theoretically has been inspected by our FDA though in the days of don juan who cut out lots of rules and regs we don't know what we're getting in ours meds/cosmetic/foods. Don juan and his worshippers despise rules that keep the environment clean or food clear and safe to eat. Go figger! Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 3, 2018 7:23 AM MDT

I see people pull over to pick up deer and other road kill and I live in a heavily rednecked area. I assume they're eating it or making taxidermy or whatever rednecks do.
      June 3, 2018 6:22 AM MDT

I always think of Granny on The Beverly Hillbillies. She was a hoot and a holler and she talked about roadkill a lot. Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Sunday!:)
      June 3, 2018 6:36 AM MDT