Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » There is not one vulgar or abusive word in this statement. It is a statement of fact directed at no one in particular. As such, it is not an

There is not one vulgar or abusive word in this statement. It is a statement of fact directed at no one in particular. As such, it is not an

attack. It is posted only to see how quickly it will be taken down, censured, censored and rejected by the "book burners" out there. You can silence the messenger but not the truth.

Posted - June 3, 2018

Responses

Now that's an interesting post. I analysed it, critically and, as you correctly say there is not any abuse or vulgarity. You correctly state that it is not aimed at anyone in particular.  

But it leaves me questioning, so, if you aren't targeting anyone, (which the post confirms) why do you feel it  might be taken down? I am very curious about that... it doesn't seem logical. We all know that if we avoid insulting anyone, swearing and calling others names then our posts won't be taken down. I am wondering why you feel differently.. unless you believe you are being victimised in some way? 

Moving on though, there could be said, technically speaking, to be an issue with your use of the words 'book burners' - while it doesn't in any way break the ethos of your statements, in that it's not a direct insult, and it's not vulgar it does still very much imply a negative viewpoint about certain people who you seemingly lump together into a category, that you imply is slightly, or a lot, distasteful to you personally. However, as you don't call anyone it personally, I cannot imagine it would get taken down.

Examining these book burners.. traditionally that happened under dictatorships and extreme right wing regimes... This confuses me somewhat. Are you saying that you are under such a regime? I had always gleaned the impression you were along the right side of the spectrum politically. Lefties, tend not to burn books. SO you see my confusion... 

Finally, I am more than a little perplexed at your statement about silencing the messenger.. It felt as though you place yourself in that role? You also mention truth, needless to say then if the hypothesis that you feel you are the messenger, that you are speaking the truth.. In answer to that I would say that generally speaking we all believe we are speaking the truth, but there seems an awful lot of confusion about the difference between truth and opinion... They aren't always the same things. I think that's where difficulties lie. 
      June 3, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

CNN won't be interested then. 
      June 3, 2018 10:52 AM MDT

LOL!! Your right. ;)
      June 3, 2018 5:36 PM MDT

You're 
      June 3, 2018 6:10 PM MDT

June 3, 2018 11:21 AM MDT

There is no violation of the TOS in this statement. 
      June 3, 2018 11:24 AM MDT

Did you know that you double-posted this?

June 3, 2018 11:48 AM MDT

In that case could it be considered as spamming?
      June 10, 2018 5:37 AM MDT

No, not at all. It's completely unintentional, and in fact, it's not his fault, it's the fault of one of the glitches of this website.  It's happened to many of us.

June 10, 2018 9:15 AM MDT

I know it is difficult to pick up over the net but my comment was meant in jest but having seen some comments in other posts regarding censorship here it could be a possibility.
      June 10, 2018 9:19 AM MDT

I didn't take your comment negatively, C.A. 

:)
      June 10, 2018 1:33 PM MDT

Well you can just keep your vulgarities and abusiveness to yourself mister.  As well as your attacks and innuendoes about "book burning" which have no basis in fact whatsoever and are only a warped figment of your lurid and perverted imagination.  That enough "truth" for you?
      June 10, 2018 9:21 AM MDT