Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » CONGRATS to the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS for the 4-game sweep of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Any fans out there?

CONGRATS to the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS for the 4-game sweep of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Any fans out there?

Posted - June 9, 2018

Responses

The GSW deserve it, what with the quality they have, but that's precisely why I can't root for them. They're just such big dogs--already were a great team before the fantastic Kevin Durant joined them--that it upsets the balance; plus as time goes by players such as Curry appear to grow more arrogant. LeBron James truly impressed me all over again with his performances at the age of 33, with his injuries and all. I'm hoping the Cavs can come back stronger.
      June 9, 2018 4:47 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply DG and Happy  Saturday to thee! As a Californian I am naturally happy as a clam at high tide but I guess I understand your views sort of. I mean we are Roger Federer fans and for years he dominated tennis. Same with Michael Jordan and the Bulls, Larry Bird and the Celtics, Magic Johnson and the Lakers. I am NOT a Kobe fan after that shameful incident where he sexually attacked a maid. He sucks. There is no talent big enough to overcome that just as Tiger Woods can never make up for the disgraceful way he treated his wife. CHARACTER COUNTS for me. Does it count  for thee? Anyway being for the underdog is fine. But talent deserves acknowledgement and ought not be minimized just because it is so big. In my opinion. As for arrogance I think most excellent players are altough some show it more than others. They are superconfident because they are so good all the time. I think modesty is a nice quality to have but when you are the best pretending otherwise isn't my cuppa tea.
      June 9, 2018 5:07 AM MDT

Agreed, yet my view on talent is precisely that it's more impressive going against the odds. That's what fascinated me about James this post-season: no-one was giving the Cavs a real chance, and still he kept putting in those performances. To me that's worth more than a title; it's easy to be the best when everyone around you gives you such a huge advantage. This may be an exaggerated analogy, but I wouldn't be celebrating if I knocked out someone a foot smaller than I. Happy Saturday, Rosie!
      June 9, 2018 11:02 AM MDT

(Yay!)

:)

I'm much more a Cavs fan even though I don't follow sports that much.
      June 9, 2018 11:24 AM MDT

No congrats from me -- I'm more a Cavs fan (even though I don't really follow closely)

:)
      June 9, 2018 11:26 AM MDT

Which proves that several great players on one team will always beat that one great player on the other.
      June 9, 2018 11:56 AM MDT