Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Is that positive people attract negative people a hard fact of life or not?

Is that positive people attract negative people a hard fact of life or not?

Posted - June 11, 2018

Responses

I think sometimes sociopaths are attracted to very empathetic and trusting people that they can take advantage of.
    I've seen a few marriages where the couple consisted of one kind, empathetic person and one controlling sociopath.
    I was in a marriage like that too.
    I still suffer from anxiety and depression at times from that relationship.
    I do think that positive people can attract negative people.

June 11, 2018 10:26 AM MDT

• Human nature. I know this. It's unfortunate. You can't beat me for being abused paranoia though and I get a check for anxiety. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 11, 2018 11:20 AM MDT
      June 11, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some bad experiences in life.
    It's hard to overcome it.
    Everyday is a challenge to feel good about myself after being manipulated and used for so long.
    It's humiliating and painful at times.

I'm sure I haven't been abused as you may have though.
    I hope you can find happiness.

June 11, 2018 11:36 AM MDT

It only seems that way because some people resent their refusal to face reality. 

My grandfather was quite a grump. Once it rained for several days in a row, and we said that meant a good harvest. So what did grandpa say?

"Middlin. But turrible hard on the soil!"
      June 11, 2018 11:14 AM MDT

You are in control of you attract.  If your heart goes out to help negative people, than, yes.  You will attract negative people that would like help.  If you would like to stay in your happy world, than no.  
    You allow.  They don't.  My answer is No. This post was edited by Merlin at June 11, 2018 2:07 PM MDT
      June 11, 2018 1:51 PM MDT

Not
      June 11, 2018 1:59 PM MDT

Hi Thrifymaid~ It's nice to see you :) :)  Thanks for indirectly reminding me.  I hadn't really answered the question.  My answer is "No" as well. I went back and fixed it.   Big smiles!
      June 11, 2018 2:09 PM MDT

Not. All we have is anecdotal evidence and claims made in anger after a marriage was ended. There is a fairly clear pattern of women marrying men who are just like daddy, which all too often means domineering and physically violent, the strange thing is that no matter how battered, they tend to stay in the marriage 'because they love him'. Living in the Macho stereotype.
      June 12, 2018 12:39 AM MDT