Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We the people (US CITIZENS) hire (elect) employees (government) to SERVE US. When they don't we fire their sorry a **es. EVERY ONE?

We the people (US CITIZENS) hire (elect) employees (government) to SERVE US. When they don't we fire their sorry a **es. EVERY ONE?

Posted - June 14, 2018

Responses

If ya fired everyone, who would run the country? You, me, Joe and Jane Smith down the road? That ain't gonna happen. What we the people need to do is to do our homework and research on every person running for political office. When we don't, we end up voting into office, people like Bill Clinton and Barak Obama or voting for people like Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. :) 
      June 14, 2018 8:45 AM MDT

Well, that's how it's SUPPOSED to go.  Unfortunately, some of these "employees" find ways to avoid being fired (can you say, money?).  Of course there're many citizens in this country who go around wearing blinders.   They seem blind to the fact that an employee isn't doing their job - and keep promoting them!

The people who run our government are civil servants - hired BY the people to SERVE the people using the People's money.  Yet for some reason, they seem to think they were given the job to become rich and do whatever pleases them, however they wish to do it, and whenever they feel like doing it.  These people's job is to make laws (and such) that help everyone - fairly and equally, not just themselves or their "friends".

(my opinion here)  I believe that anyone who runs for office (representative, congressperson, etc.) should only be allowed to serve for 1 term.  PERIOD! (unless they suck, then they get fired)  AND those terms should not exceed 4 years.  (and, like the rest of us, only 2 weeks vacation per year!)  FURTHERMORE, it should NOT be a high paying job (and no lifetime perks).  Why should these people be allowed to bleed the American people dry?  Their yearly pensions (which they get for life) is more than many americans earn by working for 3 years!  Lifetime gold-level medical coverage?  Most Americans can't even afford any medical insurance - working or retired!!  Why, just think of how much money this country would save.  Money that could be used where it's needed - fixing infrastructure, fighting homelessness, truly affordable health insurance for all not just some), or maybe even paying less in taxes.  AND they should ONLY get their salary - no money from outside "sources" (i.e. bribes).  
    You might say, what if we get a good person in there.  Do they only get 1 term also?  To which I answer, show me a "good" politician?  Making the "job" more like a job and less like a luxury vacation might stop attracting the rich to these positions.   
      June 14, 2018 9:21 AM MDT

Peter Principle redux. Promote a person to the level of incompetence. We are surrounded by incompetents. It is what King don is drawn to because of his own vast incompetence. He can't stand being bettered so he brings in worser folks than him ...at least so he thinks. There is no worser anywhere than King don. The pits. The abyss. The worst of worsts. The bane albatross detritus scum of our existence is elevated celebrated. Go figger! I'd like to think that "once upon a time" there were people of honor who wanted to make people's lives better and believed that politics would be the best path for them. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. Do you have any idea where we go from here? :(. This post was edited by RosieG at June 14, 2018 1:32 PM MDT
      June 14, 2018 10:21 AM MDT

That he does.  and when he finds out that they are "better"(??) that he is he fires them.   
    Unless things change, we go down the drain.
      June 14, 2018 1:34 PM MDT

How much time before that will occur? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?  Or are we already swirling around and around going down and down? Of course in the southern hemisphere things swirl oppositely don't they? Which is irrelevant. I just think it is one of those fascinating things that's worth mentioning. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Friday!  :)
      June 15, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

We're circling the drain now.

I've heard that things don't always swirl opposite in the S. hemisphere.  My sister's traveling in the S hemisphere and I asked her to find out for me while she's down there.  My nephew lives down there, but he claims he doesn't look.

June 15, 2018 8:31 AM MDT