Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Do you have your driving license ?

Do you have your driving license ?

i went to do the driving exam a few days ago, and the examiner told me i have failed it...

i didnt had practice at all so i was nervous a bit, but he said i missed a stop sign . 

i wish to get the license but it need me to go practice a lot to be able to be ease .

Posted - June 21, 2018

Responses

• I do. I got it when I was 16, only needed one try. But yes, I practiced a lot and became familiar with what might be on the test. 
      June 21, 2018 11:30 AM MDT

Aw, Im sorry to hear that. Dont feel too bad. It took me three tries to get it right. First try I backed up into a street sign, second try I went down a one way street, third try I came back into the facility in an exit sign. I had to wait another year before they let me try for the fourth time. Apparently, you only get three tries before they strike you out until the next year. lol ;)
    P.S. Good luck next time, Im sure youll ace it this time. :))
      June 21, 2018 12:05 PM MDT

No kidding, I swear -- it took me three times, too.
    :)
      June 21, 2018 2:30 PM MDT

• "Since the day I was sixteen."  (Started driving, on private property, when I was ten years old.)

You have the right idea ... practice, practice, practice!!!
      June 21, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

It's next to impossible to pass without practising so don't feel too bad. 
      June 21, 2018 1:38 PM MDT

That is happening a lot with the younger generation. My oldest (20) has no desire to test. His girlfriend tested and failed a few times. However, here, they have the option of taking a special driver's ed class that gives the students their license at the end. That's what she ultimately went with because she didn't have to contend with test anxiety.  
      June 21, 2018 2:33 PM MDT

• Gives their license at the end or driver's permit?
      June 21, 2018 2:43 PM MDT

I got mine at 16 with no practice. I've had it for fifty years. (suspended for 6 months for reckless driving.)
    My stepdaughter, however, got in an accident before she left the testing facility.
      June 21, 2018 3:22 PM MDT

I ran a stop sign on my first test too. I passed it the next time. It's pretty normal to be nervous the first time; the second time you know what's going to happen and it's easier.
      June 21, 2018 4:05 PM MDT

Let's give it one more year
      June 21, 2018 4:07 PM MDT

Yes. But took me 2 times. 
    Most schools have taken drivers ed out of schools so it is taking kids longer to get their now. My middle child has tried 3 times...he has made a couple of mistakes that are automatic failures.
      June 21, 2018 7:58 PM MDT

Yes I do have a license and have since the mid 1970s.  You just need to study the questions and go out and practice a lot in the company of someone with a license. 
      July 4, 2018 6:07 AM MDT