Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Is anyone capable of stopping a charging pit bull without a pop to the head?

Is anyone capable of stopping a charging pit bull without a pop to the head?

Posted - July 5, 2018

Responses

I do hope you mean throwing a cold Pepsi on it. Animal cruelty isn't funny.
      July 5, 2018 7:22 PM MDT

• It means your about to be savagely bitten so how can that equate to cruelty? Dogs can be mindless killers if triggered so shooting them or hitting them is mandatory. Besides...I read it in a headline a cop pop a charging pit bull no choice attached! I'm only talking about mean dogs. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 6, 2018 9:00 AM MDT
      July 5, 2018 7:26 PM MDT

I read  that a guy set his Staffordshire Bull terrier on six policemen in east London about five years .....it was all caught on film and the dog ripped the police to peices before it was stopped...:( This post was edited by Nice Jugs at July 6, 2018 3:05 AM MDT
      July 5, 2018 7:32 PM MDT

Agree...Pit Bulls should never be let out without a cola on....
      July 5, 2018 7:28 PM MDT

Yes and no. So, someone close to me is a lover of the Olde English Bulldogge. The breed in general scares the heck out of me, but as most dog-lovers will tell you, it's always about the dog, not the breed. This particular dog is a lover and is very sweet. After observing it in countless trigger situations for more than a year, I generally trust it. BUT, and that's a BIG BUT, he's dangerous. I can laughingly joke, "Where does a 100-pound Olde English Bulldogge sleep?" To which the answer is, of course, "Anywhere it wants to." The truth is, if that dog does not want to move, I cannot move him, even when he's not aggressive. However, the dog is also very loyal and generally obedient, so he does go when I raise my voice to him and scold him. And, I have been in situations with that dog that have scared me, both with a child and once when he went for my cat. I did use physical force to yank him back once and pin him once, but that only worked because the dog sees me as a leader or owner. He let me do it. Once I restrained him and scolded him, that was it. He was done. If he didn't view me as an authority, I could not have stopped him. Period. 

So, I don't think this should turn into an animal cruelty debate. Dog attacks are deadly and if an animal is attacking, you should use whatever force necessary to stop it. I don't advocate using force to train a dog, let alone violence, but if a dog is attacking, you have to do what you have to do. If ANY dog was going for my kid, you'd bet I'd hit it or kick it or do whatever I had to do to protect my child. But, it shouldn't get to that and that's my point. I can "control" the 100-pound bulldogge because he wants to keep me happy. So, yeah, a pit can be stopped without injury, but only if it respects the person trying to stop it. And, again, I place that responsibility squarely on the owners- to teach their pet not to behave that way and to obey commands. 
      July 5, 2018 8:26 PM MDT

I once worked with a fellow who had awful scars all over his face and head. As a child, he had his face removed by the 'sweet' family pitbull. 
      July 6, 2018 9:04 AM MDT

No. You'd need a gun or a taser to stop it. Many people don't realize how strong they are. 
      July 7, 2018 5:28 PM MDT