Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Is the site displaying normally for you on all pages?

Is the site displaying normally for you on all pages?

With Project Wonderful closing this coming week, I had to rework our ad spaces and made some coding changes. Please let me know if anything looks odd to you.

On a side note, our friends over at 3000 Free Goodies are sponsoring us for the next three months and have the ad spot that runs across the top of most pages, so a big thank you to them. If you're the type who likes freebies, please check 'em out: https://www.3000freegoodies.com/

Posted - July 7, 2018

Responses

• Just before the 3000 ad started today, some of the dark blue area, of the top of the site page (?) turned light blue (across the AnswerMug logo and below the icons). It's gone now.

Something else ... not sure if I can explain it.  My wallpaper is an outer space scene ... lots of stars.  I've been using these stars as a reference to scroll down to different categories (it's faster that way).  After the 3000 ad started it's like the Category page got longer.  Everything works fine, in fact it works better (at least for me) on the Category page, but I had to change my star references.  :)
        Also ... with the other brown bar ad, it didn't load as fast.  Anyway ... don't change a thing!  I love it!! :))

P.S.  I think I found the "longer."  Was that "Search Topics" box there before?  I don't remember it.  Anyway ... if the scrolling starts from a lower place on the page (because of that box) that's the reason why the stars have changed .....  :)) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 8, 2018 3:47 PM MDT
      July 7, 2018 6:20 PM MDT

Yes! Sorry about that. My coding abilities are very, very, very minimal. I was playing around with the CSS of the site (cascading style sheets, which change how a website looks- colors, fonts, shapes, and so on) trying to get the 3000 ad to display nice, and so I kept injecting lines of code that should have worked, but didn't. One of those lines mysteriously changed the top part to light blue, which was weird, because I didn't reference that section of the site in anything I changed. I had a brief moment of panic when I saw that because I was afraid I couldn't fix it, as I wasn't even sure how I did it in the first place, but I got it squared away. LMAO Sorry. 

You're also right about speed. The other image and code was stored on the ad server, whereas this one is stored on ours, so your can retrieve it quicker. 

The search topics box was there before... BUT... it was something we added after the site was up and running and if you customized your page before we did that, then your customizations may have overridden the site changes, so this may well be the first time your profile page has had it.

Anywho, thank you for the detailed response. :D
      July 8, 2018 4:22 PM MDT

Everything ok except for one ad, but I took care of that.
      July 7, 2018 6:24 PM MDT

Sometimes I think it needs to be medicated.
      July 7, 2018 7:57 PM MDT

I'm pretty sure parts of it are self-medicated.
      July 8, 2018 4:23 PM MDT

The app that I installed to funnel money from the all members' bank accounts has suddenly stopped working, and . . . excuse me, but I have to take this phone call. It's from a Special Agent with the Treasury Department, and it seems I'm wanted at their headquarters for questioning. Don't wait up, ok?

~
      July 7, 2018 10:33 PM MDT

LOL Apologies for the inconvenience. I may have accidentally recoded it to send all funds to my account instead. 
      July 8, 2018 4:24 PM MDT

Now that you mention it, I believe I remember seeing your online lure from Nigeria . . . 

~
      July 8, 2018 5:18 PM MDT

it looks okay to me
      July 8, 2018 5:17 PM MDT