Active Now

Randy D
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do you know of any person who met his/her life partner for the first time in unusual circumstances, e.g. in hospital, or at a funeral, etc.

Do you know of any person who met his/her life partner for the first time in unusual circumstances, e.g. in hospital, or at a funeral, etc.

This question is inspired by a sentence in Graham Greene's novel, "Travels with My Aunt": I first met my Aunt Augusta at my mother's funeral.

Posted - July 7, 2018

Responses

I met my husband in Sausalito California while on a quest to search for my long lost father. I never found him, but two weeks later, my late husband and i were married and stayed that way until he up and died on my last Halloween. Bastard. ;(
      July 7, 2018 11:16 PM MDT

Well I would say such circumstances are not at all unusual.  Though perhaps in some countries it is more proper to be introduced by a friend or family member.  I met my husband at an opera lecture when he offered me his chair.  A former boyfriend was a surgeon in a hospital where I met him.  I even once had a long-term ( a year) relationship  with someone who had stalked me!  So those things happen. 
      July 8, 2018 6:47 AM MDT

no
      July 8, 2018 4:51 PM MDT