Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any Brits out there who'd like to weigh in on this? WHY invite King don for a visit? WHY have him meet the Queen? What's the purpose?

Any Brits out there who'd like to weigh in on this? WHY invite King don for a visit? WHY have him meet the Queen? What's the purpose?

They're gonna keep him out of London where there will be MASSIVE protests. He will be shielded and taken to surrounding villages to view various English countryside estates. Seriously for what purpose? It will be a dog&pony show photo op for King don. Meeting the Queen? What do the Brits get out of it that is positive?

Posted - July 8, 2018

Responses

I thought he'd rather invited himself, but it is usual for US presidents to visit the UK fairly soon after becoming president whatever anyone here may think of his politics.

There has been some news coverage of one planned demonstration involving a blimp shaped like a baby in nappies, but whatever the right of wrongs of either sides' views, I for one regard such stunts as puerile and pointless.

My own views on Trump? I'm neutral on his domestic politics, not least because I do not understand US internal political affairs; but I do worry about his competence internationally. Perhaps one difficulty is that as far as I understand it, someone can become a US President with no previous high-ranking political or diplomatic experience - in most democracies the President or Prime and other senior Ministers have already served some years as "ordinary" Members of Parliament or equivalent.

BTW I saw some unusual aircraft movements over my part of Southern England yesterday, and wondered if it was a security exercise in advance of Mr. Trump's visit.
      July 9, 2018 11:11 AM MDT

Requirements for being president per The Constitution. Being 35 and a natural-born citizen. That's it! You do not have to be sound of mind. You can be a wackadoodle nutcase and be elected prez.  You can ignore all the rules/regs/protocols. Break all existing traditions. Engage in traitorous criminal activity and get away with it. So much for the "protections" guaranteed us by The Constitution. King don is a laughingtstock. A clown. A joke.  I have always thought of the Brits as being very reserved, polite, calm and driven by intellect rather than emotion. I see no gain for you Brits from his visit. Being the center of attention is what  King don lives for . He lies about everything. He is crude rude boorish ignorant arrogant delusional. How any of that confers anything useful for the Brits I cannot fathom. Any kind of publicity he laps up. He creates huge problems just to be noticed, paid attention to. He doesn't care about the potential downside of what he says/does or any consequences. He lives for NOW. Later will take care of itself.  It just makes no sense to me but I'm definitely an outsider. I know what we think of him here. After the visit I wonder if it will change how you think of him? Thank you for your thoughtful reply Durdle! :) I wouldn't doubt the security precautions. Whatever they may be. It's all good for his ego. More show. More pomp. More circumstance. More more more more more. Of what? I dunno!  :)
      July 10, 2018 3:12 AM MDT

The Queen's met far worse in her long reign. 
      July 10, 2018 3:41 AM MDT

I find it hard to believe he's been allowed to visit England......harder to believe that the queen would ever tolerate him...She has to do as she's told ,just like all us minerals ......business and money must always come first it seems......
    I do wonder how anyone can sit and chat with another person that has such an appalling human rights record....How do you manage to talk to someone knowing he's a mass murderer and the son of a mass murderer as well...  
      July 10, 2018 4:01 AM MDT

His visit is being thickly padded so he will avoid seeing the baby in nappies balloons flying over London or the hordes of crowds protesting his presence. Even though he will be kept away on the outskirts of the London masses the stench and stink of his presence will permeate the air and environment for a very long time to come. There is no logical reason for the visit. None. So who okayed it? Someone drunk as a skunk or high as a kite at the time? Whom do they think they are fooling? It's an insult, an abomination, a betrayal. Of course such person dare not admit it. Anyway condolences. He will stink up Brussels at the NATO meeting as well and then stink up Scotland when he goes weekend golfing at one of his golf resorts and then stink up Helsinki, Finland when he ends up there in a special LOVENEST love tryst meeting with his beloved darling dearest Vladdie. How can you make this stuff up? Thank you for your reply NJ and Happy Tuesday!  
      July 10, 2018 6:04 AM MDT

Me tinks N.C. Will soon be opening up its borders and England wants to get first in supplying them arms and modern equipment...
    I bet we are not  the country preparing to lick his boots...  You cant turn away a shilling if you want to sustain profits Rosie...
      July 10, 2018 6:22 AM MDT

So once again it's all about the money honey? I guess that makes sense. You can tolerate a lot if there's a profit somewhere at the end of the stick. At least it will be a brief visit. 24 hours  and he's gone. I wonder what the Queen thinks of all this? She should write a memoir. It would be a good read. Thank you for your reply D. This post was edited by RosieG at July 10, 2018 7:22 AM MDT
      July 10, 2018 6:25 AM MDT

Previous members of the royal family have systematically raped the world Rosie.....You can't turn back the clock and leopards can't change their spots either......Most were all inbred to keep the money in the blood line...
    None are to be trusted....as always ...money rules complete.....always has,always will....no matter what happens in the future....it will always revert back to that.... 
      July 10, 2018 7:28 AM MDT