Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

I use to   but don't anymore.   there wasn't any god  when I needed one.

Posted - August 14, 2016

Responses

No, and it's for very much the same reason, although I take it further in my mind. The hardships I've endured, though would drop jaws if I spoke of them, still pale in comparison to what others go through and continue to go through on a daily basis. If there was a god and he didn't help me because he was busy with those folks, I would accept it and be glad that others got the help they desperately needed. People are literally tortured every day. They die gruesome deaths. They're in pain. Kids starve. 

Don't get me wrong, I have compassion for whatever you've been through, but there's a good chance that whatever you've dealt with, someone else is dealing with something worse and it never ends. There is no god here. Not for them and not for us. 

August 14, 2016 11:54 AM MDT

Can you honestly look at all the life and natural beauty all around the world and not see that it all was created and not just happen by chance ? Saying that all life happened by accident or chance is totally incomprehensible. 

August 14, 2016 11:58 AM MDT

I was born again as a child. I love Jesus. He is amazing! He helps me everyday.. If he doesn't hear your prayers maybe you are not born again. Pray for wisdom what is the truth, humble yourself, repent and he will show you the truth!

August 14, 2016 12:05 PM MDT

Yes, the world was obviously created.

August 14, 2016 12:09 PM MDT

August 14, 2016 12:15 PM MDT

No. I used to, and and have a feeling my journey and yours have some things in common.
      August 14, 2016 12:31 PM MDT

No, I don't. I don't think humans are unique and that this place was created just for us. I mean it's so unlikely, considering how many Earth-like planets exist, and considering how close they are to us relative to our location in the universe. It really blows my mind. Earth is just a grain of sand, comparatively, and I'm sure there are other creatures out there just as clueless as we are... What if we could radio other planets, like a phone call, or text message?... Anyways, isn't God just an excuse to pretend we're all allowed to be ass*****, as long as we pray afterwards? I believe in living with intent for the sake of, not coexisting, but thriving with each other. People need to help each other out and learn, learn to guide themselves. We have social systems that should be constructed on, but instead everybody plays the game of LoopdeLoop, blaming, distracting everybody with shiny plastic toys. I mean, people buy it, so there's that... But... Oh, f*** all, I'm stoned. It's so much easier to just tune out. 

August 14, 2016 12:36 PM MDT

God is bigger than what your puny mind thinks it wants.  The fact that you were alone was the greatest gift you could have gotten.  Don't waste it on celebrating your disappointment.  

What did you NOT get?  You are still here.  You are older and wiser or NOT.  That is your choice.  Not some trinket or person or desire you didn't need on your personal spiritual path to what really matters.  It is not our bodies, it is our eternal souls that are learning lessons in these human bodies.   That is what remains.  That is all that matters.  You can choose to believe or choose not to.   Temper tantrums are a total waste of time.  Free yourself of the necessity of needing to complain.

August 14, 2016 2:46 PM MDT

Yes I do..

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.-C Stanley

August 14, 2016 2:49 PM MDT

August 14, 2016 3:16 PM MDT

you don't know how tough my situation was.  You probably didn't go hardship like I have   No thing to do with temper tantrums.

August 14, 2016 3:18 PM MDT

I agree   you are probably right about my journey. 

August 14, 2016 3:21 PM MDT

When I was young, I was forced to attend church. I hated it. Still do. When I was a young teen, I decided to be atheistic. Then as a young adult, I once again decided God was real after I studied creation science topics. Creation is just too complex to be done by itself. It needed a master plan by an intelligence far beyond chance. 

August 14, 2016 3:27 PM MDT

I get along fine without believing in God.
      August 14, 2016 3:34 PM MDT

• I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I see no evidence for such a thing.

August 14, 2016 8:16 PM MDT

Absolutely know
    Rather than believing
    God is alive and well
    Within you
    You too can know
    Rather than believe
    Just beyond your thoughts
    That you so
    Hold onto.
      August 15, 2016 12:00 AM MDT