Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Have you ever had a problem with a neighborhood dog barking all the time. What did you do about it?

Have you ever had a problem with a neighborhood dog barking all the time. What did you do about it?

Image result for gifs of dog barking

Posted - July 20, 2018

Responses

I called the police twice.  Right after the second call the dog crossed the electric fence in his owner's front yard and charged me.  I called the police and refused to accept anything other than them removing the dog from that home.   
      July 20, 2018 10:25 AM MDT

• "I hoped that they would move."  They did ... and gave the dog to the people that bought the house. :(
      July 20, 2018 10:28 AM MDT

thats funny
      July 20, 2018 4:38 PM MDT

• I wouldn't put it quite like that ... sigh.
      July 20, 2018 8:13 PM MDT

My neighbours have always had barky dogs... The current one is left alone all night, and mostly all day, other than visits and it's an Alsatian, which tend to be quite barky.. The thing is though... it doesn't worry me.. I've lived here over 30 years so I am kind of used to it.. My only worry was when I got my puppy that the dog next door barking might set mine off.. but no, she ignores it too.. 
      July 20, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

Yes,  Despite there being an ordnance that dog can't bark for more than 15 minutes straight, it's really enforced.  Just have to wait until the dog(s) die or the people move.

Excessive barking is more the owners fault that the dog's.  Dogs bark as it's their way of talking.  People get a dog and then tie it up while they're go to work for 8-12 hours a day. Then they came home and either ignore it or give a few minutes of attention.  How would you feel if someone did that to you?    Dog's need (positive) attention and companionship just like people. 
    If a dog hears something strange it wants to alert its owner so it barks.  But instead of teaching the dog to be quiet after 3-5 barks, they either ignore it or yell at it.  Some people even encourage a dog to bark by making a game out of it.  The dog learns that barking gets him good attention.  So of course the dog's going to bark constantly, that's how it was trained to get attention.

THIS IS NOT HOW ONE SHOULD TREAT A DOG!
      July 20, 2018 12:49 PM MDT

Shuhak~ "Bark!-Wag!!  Bark!-Wag!!"  This translates to Happy! Happy!  I couldn't agree more. :) :)
      July 20, 2018 6:02 PM MDT

i have one down the hall in my building that gets excited and barks a lot but she dont do it at night, sometimes it bothers me but since it happens during the day theres not much i can do but shes cute too  so i gotta cut her some slack
      July 20, 2018 4:36 PM MDT

The lady who used to live next door to me kept her dog outside 24 hours a day. It barked all throughout the day and night. Finally enough neighbors complained every day for awhile she was spoken to be law enforcement and animal control. She finally kept her dog inside the majority of the time. 
      July 20, 2018 4:45 PM MDT

Sleeping Pills.
    For US!!  Not the dog!!
    At the time we lived in an apartment complex and everyone on our floor and the floor below us felt awful about this dog.  It was the same situation as Shuhak was talking about.  They were gone 10 hours a day and when they were home, they spent about a half hour with her.  You could tell because her bark turned into happy yips.
    This is a problem for all size dogs.  Some people have the illusion that a small dog doesn't need to go out and stretch its legs or have fresh air.  It does.  Just because it is under 30 lbs. doesn't mean it is not still a dog.  This was a Chihuahua named Pretty Princess.  
    The next move was pretty big of me, (I think) because I really am not fond of small dogs.  However, the Merlin in me couldn't stand it. I felt so badly for little Miss Pretty Princess that I talked to her owner and asked if I could take her out if I were home.  Her owner was offended and said, "No."  She didn't need it.  I could see the sorrow in her little Chihuahua eyes.
    Others left notes on her door.  I do believe she moved by choice but I also wouldn't be surprised if she got too many complaints and she and Miss Pretty Princess got evicted. 
      July 20, 2018 6:13 PM MDT

Yes. It can be reported to animal control and they follow up.

On a side note, my neighbors once approached me and very kindly asked, "Did you know your dog barks from the moment you pull out of your driveway until you come back? It's not really a bother to us, but if anyone else notices the pattern, they'll be able to tell whether you're home or not and it puts your home at risk for a burglary." 

Well, I wasn't really worried about a burglary, but I did feel bad for my neighbors. I obviously had no idea he ever barked because he wasn't doing it while I was home. I ended up getting him a shock collar. I don't like them, but I didn't feel like I had much choice. It was either that or get rid of the dog. He was older and came from the pound, so I feared if he went back, that would be the end of it for him. :/
      July 21, 2018 6:20 PM MDT

It is simple a problem like  a barking dog in the neighbourhood...........hire a hit Man to shoot it.LOL
      August 9, 2018 2:23 PM MDT

No more barking iit was shot on the 23rd July.peace at last.
      September 2, 2018 2:43 PM MDT