Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are these two statements dead near certainties; I am/was a screwed up guy because of the war and am/was a screwed up guy because of prison?

Are these two statements dead near certainties; I am/was a screwed up guy because of the war and am/was a screwed up guy because of prison?

Posted - July 21, 2018

Responses

I don't think so.  Most of the time, you are/were anything you are today because of choices you made earlier.  If you were a victim of circumstance, you may have been changed by those actions placed on you.  
    There are always two sides to the story.  Only you can decide if you are the victim or to blame.  Hopefully, you are neither.  Hopefully, you grow and learn through experiences and appreciate being alive.  If you have a brain that works, a body to put that brain in, enough money to have a computer and enough education to live in the commercial world, you are doing better than o.k.  :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 21, 2018 9:37 PM MDT
      July 21, 2018 7:00 PM MDT

I’ve seen several messed up people who spent time in prisons as staff. If you are not mentally strong it can change you for the worse and mess with your mind. It’s a place that the majority of the earth has no clue about. Same goes for war. People have seen and done things in war we cannot relate to or understand. 
      July 21, 2018 7:03 PM MDT

Dead near certainties in whose case?   Your case?  My case?  Someone else's case?

~
      July 21, 2018 9:13 PM MDT

Only if you think it into being.
      July 21, 2018 9:38 PM MDT

sounds like it
      July 22, 2018 3:43 PM MDT

Perhaps if all you do is see yourself as a "victim" and choose not to take responsibility for your actions and make something better of yourself. 
      July 22, 2018 8:16 PM MDT