Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "It's always darkest before the dawn". Is that right now or will it get darker still?

"It's always darkest before the dawn". Is that right now or will it get darker still?

Posted - July 23, 2018

Responses

A friend of mine likes to say "the future's bright" but he's mainly talking about technological side of things - he gets very excited about new technological discoveries, especially graphene research, which is not surprising as he is an electrician.

Politically, I think there have been times when it's been a lot "darker" than it is now, and we've pulled through.
      July 23, 2018 3:39 PM MDT

Hi Rev. You do? It's difficult for me to know because for many years/decades politics never really was my cuppa tea. I mean I knew about protests and riots and criminal activities but things seemed to just keep rolling along OK. I was occupied with a job and being a mom and a wife and I was very busy just living my life. I voted of course but it never seemed to be such a life-and-death (figuratively) situation. But being retired and having kids grown and on their own one has time enough at last to get more involved.  Every day Jim and I get more irate, more enraged, more depressed. I don't ever recall having a prez who seemed to be committing treason..was a traitor. I don't know what the legal proofs have to be to determine that. All I know is what I see and hear. To have a prez support/defend Russia/Putin above all else and be suspicious of and attack/insult American citizens is new to me. That's a first. It's by far the worst. So as usual then you think we will pull through. How much irreparable damage will have occurred before we do? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      July 24, 2018 2:18 AM MDT