Active Now

my2cents
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If you had a mom, was she being NICE! to YOU! when she told you home is where you hang your hat?

If you had a mom, was she being NICE! to YOU! when she told you home is where you hang your hat?

Posted - July 23, 2018

Responses

Hi Cosmic~ I do have a mom.  I love her to pieces.  I didn't always feel this way.  We definitely had our differences.  I wasn't allowed to hang my hat in my mom and dad's house.  I got kicked out, brought back in and then ran.  We definitely didn't want to live under the same roof. And we didn't.

But, somewhere in my heart, I knew underneath all the anger, the frustration, and the growing pains,  my home was always in her heart. Figuratively speaking,  I never left home, honey. I never left her heart.  She never stopped loving me.  We certainly didn't agree on anything. But, my hat always was and is welcome.  It even has it's own little hat-hanging-stubby-thingy with my name on it. :) :)  The same with Dad and Don.  It's all in the heart, sweets.  Truly. This post was edited by Merlin at July 27, 2018 7:10 AM MDT
      July 23, 2018 7:19 PM MDT

Aw, that is so beautiful. You just gave me a little sense more of how sweet you are. ;))
      July 23, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

Happy Goosebumps!

Thanks carbon!!

Happy! Happy!

July 27, 2018 10:45 PM MDT

My late mother couldnt wait until I graduated from high school so I could move out.  On my 18th birthday, she pretty much handed me my hat and told me to take my hat and jack it off. ;+
      July 23, 2018 7:57 PM MDT

And look at how good you turned out!!  Goes to show how Awesome you are.  Some people got it.  Some people don't. 
    You can always hang your hat in my home, carbon and your bird and grandson, too! :) :) 
      July 27, 2018 10:47 PM MDT

My mom always let me know that she would never throw me out.

But she did make me want to leave.  LOL

Many times.

July 23, 2018 8:35 PM MDT

I'm guessing you didn't see eye to eye???
    ;) ;)
      July 27, 2018 10:49 PM MDT

it took a lot of convincing to get Mom to sell her big house and get an apartment. She wanted to have space in case of any of us needed to move back home. We were in our 40's at the time. I know it was love, but sometimes I wondered if she thought we were incapable of taking care of ourselves.
      July 24, 2018 4:13 AM MDT

I could see how you might have felt that way.  I know my Grammie didn't want to move out of her house and into a condo for a long time either.  When she finally did, we adopted a lot of her things she had acquired over the years.  It is amazing what some people keep. 
    We all know you were very capable and strong enough to make valid and good decisions JaneS.  I'd keep ya just to borrow your nail polish. ;) ;)
      July 27, 2018 10:52 PM MDT

I own over a 100 bottles of nail polish and I'm happy to share.
      July 28, 2018 2:40 AM MDT

yes
      August 5, 2018 5:32 PM MDT