Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How to get my profile going, make friends, talk about stuff etc...

How to get my profile going, make friends, talk about stuff etc...

My profile has been sitting here since April of 2016 and it's empty. No.content at all. If there was anything I posted here, it's gone now.  I don't know where to start  with this site?  I've wasted  2 years at Similar Worlds and finally got sick of that place, then stumbled upon this site and this old profile that I created here when EP shut down. I knew some people here at that time, but I don't see them around on here now. Most of them went to Similar Worlds and a few left social media for good, I suppose.

I'm not even sure if I posted this in the right place. I'm just jumping in and hoping for the best. 

Posted - July 25, 2018

Responses

• "You've already started!"  This question will show up on your Profile page under "activity."

For information about the site, the dark blue area at the top of the page has icons that are drop-down menus and provide an easy way to get around the site.

At the top of the page, clicking on your avatar or username will get you to your profile page.

Clicking on "Home" takes you to the main page.

Welcome back, WhiteHeat!

July 25, 2018 10:16 PM MDT

• Thanks Alf. I've noticed some changes since 2016 and I think I'll be fine here.
    That's a cool handshake image you put on there. I like it. 

July 25, 2018 10:35 PM MDT

• I don't remember exactly when the redesign occurred, but there have been a lot of changes ... some large and some small.  Thanks, WhiteHeat.  

The "reply" ... at the end of my answer is for continuing the discussion.
    The "Quick Reply" box is for answering the original question.
    You can do it either way, of course.  If you use the "reply" button though, it off-sets your reply and numbers it to make the conversation a little easier to follow.

See you in the trenches!  :))
      July 25, 2018 10:57 PM MDT

• Ok. I did have and am having trouble with those font settings and whatnot above where I type. It would not let me post my first reply. Said that the body was required, so I just clicked on something in that box and had re-type everything. Didn't even save it as a draft.  I don't know much about fonts, formats etc. I just know how to type ( the simple way ) and insert pics or copy paste. All that other stuff seems uneccesary and confusing to me.

July 25, 2018 11:14 PM MDT

• Hang in there.  I don't usually mess with the font settings either, as they have to be set each time ... if I'm not mistaken.

Getting back to the "reply" button.  I hate to belabor this, but it's a lot easier to do than it is to explain! 
    See how your last reply says Whiteheat > Whiteheat at the top? You clicked the "reply" button on your answer to your original question.

Now all I have to do to continue that (Whiteheat>Whiteheat) conversation is click the "reply" button at the end of it and type my reply into the dialog box that appears.
      July 25, 2018 11:58 PM MDT

Stick your nose into anyone's question or comment......keep it friendly and sit back and wait for their Responce...l
    Become a wit and take the p*** bode's well with making friends....There are times one should be serious and not say crass things just to get noticed....
    Things said tongue in cheek are more or less exceptable more so one people begin to recognize you.....

Be thick skinned and jump right in ...and never tell anyone your address , lol
      July 26, 2018 4:48 AM MDT

This is a very different place to SW that's for sure..... 
      July 26, 2018 12:41 PM MDT

Welcome.  Hope you can find a place for yourself here!  But are you aware that there are some people who spend most of their time on this site insulting President Trump?  So unless you are one of them best stay away from them because they are very discouraging and have driven away many from this site. 
      July 26, 2018 3:43 PM MDT

• Thank you Office Girl. That Trump biz is rampant on all social media sites. I don't pay much attention to it, to be honest. I just scroll past that political stuff and don't get involved. Funny thing though... I was just watching tv and some guy with a pick axe was destroying Trumps walk of fame star on Hollywood blvd. I had to laugh, not because I dislike Trump ( he's ok in my book )  but more  at the deviant dedication this guy had. He was giving that pick axe a good workout with everything he had! I sure wouldn't want to have been on the receiving end of that axe! :O
      July 26, 2018 3:55 PM MDT

Thank you White Heat!  I'm not very political but I do sometimes get sucked into making comments on here which really I would rather not.  True some people are so dedicated to their hate!  Had no idea Pres. Trump even had a star on Hollywood Blvd.  Wonder why - people must be entertained by him.  I agree with you - I'm not a big fan but in my book he's OK and no different from so many other men I know and have worked with.  Not sure what all the brouhaha is about just over a normal guy who happened to get elected. 
      July 27, 2018 5:51 AM MDT

• The Hollywood star is for his acting before he became president. Can't remember the name of the show, but his signature line on that show was... Your Fired!!!!

July 27, 2018 7:37 AM MDT

Oh that was The Apprentice and was a reality show. It was pretty interesting for a year or two but then they had only celebrities on which I didn't like.  Doubt he did any acting but he was just being himself.
      July 27, 2018 8:35 AM MDT

not sure how or what happened to it
      July 26, 2018 5:35 PM MDT

• It's still around. It just wasnt for me. I've decided to delete all negative comments by me about that place. I'm not bashing SW ( or any other site ) from now on as that isn't my intentions for joining AM, so I'll just leave it at...it wasn't for me. I'm not here to label or judge anyone

July 27, 2018 10:58 AM MDT