Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Winning again. EU agrees to work towards 0% tariff. Who will be next to submit to USA tariff demands?

Winning again. EU agrees to work towards 0% tariff. Who will be next to submit to USA tariff demands?

Posted - July 26, 2018

Responses

Not China.
      July 26, 2018 7:44 AM MDT

Welllll that's funny.. we know Rump would boast about his successes but.. the Germans seem to feel that THEY won, and that Strumpet backed down in the face of HIS advisors warnings that he should not annoy the EU...  And apparently the French aren't happy about it.. they don't want BAD GRUB coming into their country.. 
      July 26, 2018 11:26 AM MDT

Here's a quote.. 'Trump backed away from  a trade war with Europe last night agreeing to work with the bloc on abolishing transatlantic tariffs. ' The reality is that they are WORKING on negotiating zero tariffs not that they have agreed them..  The EU have agreed not to impose any more tariffs for the moment while negotiations continue. EU officials have agreed to import more soya beans and liquified gas from America..  Mr Trump was forced to defend his protectionist policies..  well ya can't have it both ways.. Hmm America first, and doesn't need the rest of the world eh? 
      July 26, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

Is that not what I said in my question....."work towards 0% tariffs".  But is a win because it was not long ago that all of Europe said no to that idea. 
      July 31, 2018 6:17 AM MDT

they still haven't said yes.. a german guy said yes to talks.. but France apparently are hopping mad... the EU isn't just one voice.. 
      August 2, 2018 3:59 PM MDT

If EU does not have authority to speak in one voice for its members, why would USA or any other country bother with them?
      August 2, 2018 9:58 PM MDT

Well that's a valid question and perhaps the almighty EU Isn't nearly as perfect as everyone thought.. but it's well known that they have to vote on everything, debate everything and then member states can abstain or opt out... 
      August 4, 2018 3:50 PM MDT

have no idea
      July 26, 2018 5:23 PM MDT