Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you always, or almost always achieve what you set out to do?

Do you always, or almost always achieve what you set out to do?

Or do things generally not go to plan?  I set out to make several dog bed covers today.. in my mind I was going to make 2 but hoped I may be able to make 4... I ended up making one!! My sewing machine seems to be broken.. so I had to hand sew it, and of course it took ages... I am pleased that I achieved the mission of making a cover for the dog's bed.. but disappointed I couldn't make more as now I will have to do some another time.. But I sorta achieved yes? 

Posted - July 26, 2018

Responses

For simple tasks, such as getting a beer or making a sandwich, things usually work out well. For more complex tasks, requiring more than a shred of thought or a Joule of energy, something almost always goes wrong.
      July 26, 2018 11:35 AM MDT

Aww that sucks... but a good excuse not to do anything too complex :)
      July 26, 2018 12:01 PM MDT

Yes of course.  I think its great that you can really feel a sense of achievement doing relatively simple basic things such as that.  Not that I could even come close to making a dog bed cover!  I pretty much just stay with what I know - at work and at home - or have learned to do and try not to venture into what are uncharted waters for me. Except for trying to understand philosophy which I guess I just do to tease myself because I know I will never really understand most of that. 
      July 26, 2018 3:13 PM MDT

• "I have a pretty good record, especially if it's for me or someone I care about."
      July 26, 2018 4:26 PM MDT

no, i wish i did
      July 26, 2018 4:56 PM MDT