Discussion » Questions » Music » Anybody want to volunteer to be Rockin' Back Inside My Heart?

Anybody want to volunteer to be Rockin' Back Inside My Heart?

~ perhaps THE most perfect six minutes I've both seen and heard
~ give it a listen and a view if you haven't seen this
:)

"Rockin' Back Inside My Heart"  Julee Cruise

Posted - July 27, 2018

Responses

• I know that song; it's from Twin Peaks. It was actually written by David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti. That's why there's something oddly unsettling about it :P
      July 27, 2018 7:09 PM MDT

Indeed, you're right, Nevan B! I've posted this song before and this is probably the first time I've left out that info, ha! Though you probably already know the work and have maybe seen it (or did you just know it by the sound/the song/the style? -- oh, "Twin Peaks," woops, as I've typed this response, I forgot you mentioned "Twin Peaks" --  yet, the song certainly has a style all its own, just like "Twin Peaks" has), here's the 50-minutes-or-so art film this "Rockin' Back Inside My Heart" is from (even though you've said it was also used in "Twin Peaks" --  I didn't know that, thanks for helping me) - -  it's my favorite song in the work but I love all the songs and the entire work - -

"Industrial Symphony No.1 : The Dream of the Brokenhearted"  Directed by David Lynch and music composed by Angelo Badalamenti - with Julee Cruise singing.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for answering, Nevan B.
    EDIT: I just "unliked" my question --  in most cases, I do not "like" my own questions, ha! I must have hit "Like" by habit.
    EDIT 2 - - In case you watch, the beginning of this work features Nicholas Cage and Laura Dern --  from Lynch's "Wild At Heart" --  I only saw that movie once and can't remember if this scene is directly from that movie. i don't remember offhand, either, if Dern and Cage appear more than once in this "Industrial Symphony No.1"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 28, 2018 6:00 AM MDT
      July 27, 2018 9:11 PM MDT

I will hit your "like" button and would re-hit it time and time again if I could!  Great post Welby!  :) :)
      July 28, 2018 12:40 AM MDT

Hey, thanks, Merlin!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 28, 2018 6:01 AM MDT
      July 28, 2018 6:01 AM MDT

no thanks
      July 29, 2018 5:59 PM MDT

Ha!
    That's OK!
      August 9, 2018 11:44 AM MDT