Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Excluding everyone who’s ever run for US President up until now, who do you think might be a good choice to run in a future election?

Excluding everyone who’s ever run for US President up until now, who do you think might be a good choice to run in a future election?

Why would you choose this person? 

Posted - July 28, 2018

Responses

I will start with there’s obviously no perfect candidate, or one who I agree with 100%. Ted Cruz is the person I despise the least. He wants to abolish the IRS and go to a flat tax. He holds the same stance on most social issues I doL the exception being same sex marriage. I still believe Washington hasn’t fully corrupted him yet. He is a patriot who wants to preserve liberty and freedom. Very few politicians care about individual liberty and freedom. He stands behind the constitution and actually knows it. He’s also more fiscally conservative and at least pretends to care about our debt and deficit. He’s also more in the right side of immigration and cares about Americans first. 

This is this most open I have been about politics in quite awhile. I’m sure my beliefs won’t be well received here,  but I don’t care. I have the right to support who I choose, as does everyone else.
      July 28, 2018 10:09 PM MDT

Indeed you do, and thanks for your candor. Answers like yours are exactly what this Q is about, opening the discussion. 
      July 29, 2018 5:37 AM MDT

Exactly. I enjoy civil exchanges of ideas and beliefs. You’re someone I wouldn’t mind discussing topics with. 
      July 29, 2018 5:50 AM MDT

For myself, I particularly favor when the other party knows what they’re talking about, even if I don’t agree; this is when we learn, in my opinion.
    Conversely, I have little patience for pseudo-intellectuality or mental inflexibIlity. A failing of mine, I suppose. 
      July 29, 2018 6:12 AM MDT

I don’t pretend to be intelligent. I’m not highly educated, nor do I have “book smarts”. I have common sense which is more valuable in my line of work. 
      July 29, 2018 6:23 AM MDT

Candor and integrity hold a higher value, at least to me, than the ability to use five syllable words.

I enjoy conversations with those who convey their own original thoughts, not just parrot someone else’s in lieu. 

July 29, 2018 6:32 AM MDT

not sure right now
      July 29, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

At least then you know you are getting a cartoon character.
      August 1, 2018 10:04 AM MDT