Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Is it really hard on women to figure out how to dress?

Is it really hard on women to figure out how to dress?

Posted - July 31, 2018

Responses

Our appearance is important to us as is dressing appropriately for the particular occasion be it work or an evening out.  Which is why we try on different clothes to see what they do for us, how they match other clothing, how well they go with other things and how appropriate they are for the occasion.  Some of us have a good sense of dress and fashion.  The rest of us seek help and opinions from people we trust when we can find them. Its a matter of finding or developing particular looks that where everything is coordinated and works together.  Which we can depend upon for appropriate occasions. 
      July 31, 2018 5:32 AM MDT

• Wow! I'll bet you look dashing in blue..It must be time and energy consummating! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 2, 2018 8:10 AM MDT
      August 1, 2018 12:25 PM MDT

Actually I tend more to the darker reds and browns.  Well takes some time but once I come up with a good look I tend to stick with it.  So have developed about ten that I alternate.  And a couple more for more dressy occasions.  Never been particularly fashion forward so I rely to some extent on the help of friends I trust. 
      August 2, 2018 8:13 AM MDT

No, the hard part is figuring out how to store all the clothes they have worn once and don't expect to wear ever again.
      July 31, 2018 6:04 AM MDT

It must be or celebrities wouldn't have dressers who choose their clothing for them.  
      August 1, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

I don't see why it's a problem, but without basic info on what color pallette to wear, it can be annoying.

I used to teach what is called 'wardrobing'.....helping women figure out the best colors for their skintone, figure type, etc.

the hardest thing for people to understand is PROPORTION......

as in, heavy set ladies always insist on wearing PRINTS which make you look BIG,......HUGE.....but somehow they just can't seem to get in into their heads that this is NOT a figure-flattering choice!!!!!!! jeeze!!!

if you are having your photo taken YOU HAVE TO DRESS FOR THE CAMERA......NOT necessarily what you like to wear all the time.

the said 'heavy set' ladies? again for photos they choose a damn print......you will  look like an elephant in a photo with a print garment!!!

oh I could go on and on but I"ll stop with just that one example.

if any of you out there would like some advice, just let me know......what the hell, it's free and I enjoy doing it.......

and I promise I won't get nasty with you! LOL  :-D  :)

so let me know..........!!!!
      August 2, 2018 9:05 AM MDT

yes
      August 2, 2018 5:59 PM MDT

Not this woman. Comfort and body accenting t-shirts and sweats for me.
      August 2, 2018 8:21 PM MDT