Discussion » Questions » answerMug » No matter how much I try to ignore it, the hate in this site is getting out of hand. .How do I get questions off my Home Page?

No matter how much I try to ignore it, the hate in this site is getting out of hand. .How do I get questions off my Home Page?

Posted - August 2, 2018

Responses

Instead of opening the site to the Home page, open the Questions.  Then you won't see the questions that you are allowing yourself to go nuts over.
      August 2, 2018 9:21 AM MDT

My secret is that the negative things people say, I don't take very seriously. People tend to be a lot braver online than face to face.
      August 2, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

Home page questions:  There's a pull-down arrow at the far right side of each entry (sometimes it's invisible unless you mouse over it).  It will open up a menu which will give you further options (delete, disable and such).
      August 2, 2018 10:07 AM MDT

I'm sorry you've had trouble using the "hide" feature. I've taken the liberty of editing your settings and the posts you don't want to see should be hidden now. If you want it undone or would like additional items hidden from your activity feed, please PM me and I'll adjust your settings accordingly. 
      August 2, 2018 11:39 AM MDT

I really do appreciate that. I dont think I can handle much more of this bombardment of hate questions in the Home Page current Discussion section. Thanks again. You rock

How come I can still see those questions on the homepate now?
      August 3, 2018 6:34 PM MDT

I double-checked your settings and confirmed the ones you've previously mentioned are not displaying in your activity feed. If there are more, please PM me with details about what you're seeing. You can also send me a screenshot if that's easier. 
      August 4, 2018 1:04 AM MDT

Ok, thanks again Just Asking. ;)
      August 11, 2018 9:04 PM MDT

It could be that you are seeing the questions because other members are answering them.  You will always see some of them unless you hide postings from everyone who answers them, which is not always ideal. In my case, I have hidden two other members from the home page because they answered so many of those questions. I never minded seeing a few of them, it was the page after page that got to me. JA had a wise solution and I hope that it ends up working for you.
      August 4, 2018 6:21 AM MDT

Wait, what, what's this I hear? You've blocked me? You actually blocked ME? Of all the nerve! After all we've been through together, everything I've done for you, the sacrifices I've made, and this is how you show your gratitude?    

This makes me wonder if you have been stringing me along from the start. I mean, weren't all of the restraining orders enough?  I have to get blocked also?  There's no way you're doing your part to make this work, Jane. Grrrrr. 

~ This post was edited by Randy D at August 11, 2018 9:05 PM MDT
      August 4, 2018 6:35 AM MDT

On your homepage.....filter to show only questions. Then even the answers to those questions will not show. 
      August 7, 2018 11:19 AM MDT

Stop asking them. ;)
      August 2, 2018 3:55 PM MDT

ive never had that happen
      August 2, 2018 3:56 PM MDT

It's simple: don't go home. 
    ~
      August 3, 2018 5:17 AM MDT

I know.   It certainly is distressing and discouraging.  And perpetrated, unfortunately, by people who should know better.  But their hatred so blinds them to moderation that seems their only purpose in life becomes just to spit their poison daily and publicly.  Ironically the very same people who accuse others of "hate". 

I was very happy before I started on chat sites and the year I took off from them two years ago. But I missed the private messaging and perhaps most of all the opportunity to express myself and my opinions which I seldom get in my real life. I am thinking that maybe they are on here for the same purpose.  Yet no way could I even try to compete with them even if I wanted to.  It seems to be for them whoever hates the most and writes the most outrageous and hurtful stuff wins.  They seem to be so hurt themselves and desperate they lose all sense of proportion and so just anything goes for them.  And they only exist for themselves and for those who encourage them. 

I do not block them because I choose to see myself as realistic enough that if people choose to hate me, or hate what I believe in, then that is my lot in life. I have been fortunate enough to enjoy a good life and I realize that many. perhaps most people, have not been as fortunate.  So if the fruits of their lives become hate then I feel it is wrong for me to just hide myself away in my own life but I must at least acknowledge that such hate exists whether I happen to like it or not.  So I wince at many of the questions and answers and automatically teach myself to skip over ones that certain people offer. 

But can't help feeling that life has so much to offer that is positive and good that wasting any of it at all on hate seems to just demonstrate that we are not appreciating life to the fullest. And we become older so we know our days are numbered and why not just think of each day as a gift to be enjoyed rather than to waste? 
      August 3, 2018 5:55 AM MDT

Beautiful answer officegirl. Your awsome. ;)
      August 11, 2018 9:08 PM MDT

(You're)
      August 11, 2018 10:45 PM MDT

Hate??
    where?
    maybe I am not here enough to see it...
      August 3, 2018 12:28 PM MDT

Maybe you're smart enough to just scroll by the questions you don't like instead of constantly complaining about them like some on here.
      August 4, 2018 7:11 AM MDT

I haven't seen this carbon, that said I only pop on occasionally.
      August 3, 2018 5:02 PM MDT

I've never seen much good come from pretending that there is nothing bad that you need to continue to maintain current awareness of---other than having an excuse for not acting when one should have because one "never knew about it."

But enjoy such freedom until we slip into a dictatorship---then people can decide what they want to do.
      August 3, 2018 6:50 PM MDT