Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How would you feel if Google and Twitter, and Facebook shadowbanned Mexicans, Blacks, Women and Gays?

How would you feel if Google and Twitter, and Facebook shadowbanned Mexicans, Blacks, Women and Gays?

They all put themselves out there as a public Utility, therefore they reason its up to them who and what they Shadowban.  Right now, its conservatives, alternate news sources like Alex Jones and others speaking the truth and going against the fake news propaganda, anything negative concerning the Democrats and the President o the United states (he was shadowbanned from Twitter and is looking into the legality of it as we speak. Is this the first step in censorship to the first amendment by hiding behind a so called private Utility that happens to be run almost 100 percent by Leftists and Democrats, just as Hollywood and main stream media is. Is that fair?

Posted - August 6, 2018

Responses

I am sorry I didn't really understand what you were saying... language differences and all that.. I wasn't sure what shadowbanned was either..  I had heard that Facebook has been ordered to crack down on fake news and not allow these nasty lies to be proliferated. 
      August 6, 2018 2:25 PM MDT

Shadowbanning is where your comments or promotions supporting your opinions, are hidden from view without the person knowing it. As a result, they believe they are being seen on the internet, but in reality, they are shadowbanned from other people seeing it. President Trump was and is shadowbanned and just recently found out about it. He is looking into the legality of it, and plans on changing those practices. 98 percent of those shadowbanned are conservatives, republicans (even in congress) and trump supporters. They argue that they have a right to do so because they are a private company, when in reality , they are hiding behind the title of a Utility. Either way, denying access to anybody because of there political beliefs, is just as bad as shadowbanning someone for there religious or ethnic background. Once banning begins for anyone, (except pediphiles,) there is a real risk to the first amendment right to free speech.
      August 6, 2018 2:36 PM MDT

Ahh right.. got it.. thanks for explaining 
      August 6, 2018 2:41 PM MDT

Your most welcom Adaydreambeliever. ;))
      August 6, 2018 2:42 PM MDT

Sounds like what is happening to a certain mugger. You OK with that?
      August 6, 2018 2:44 PM MDT

Which one. I havent noticed.
      August 6, 2018 2:46 PM MDT

Trump has been the major risk to the first amendment right to free speech since he got into politics---I don't think it's fair, but it probably is karma.
      August 6, 2018 3:08 PM MDT

Do you have a sourse or a link to support that statement?
      August 6, 2018 3:20 PM MDT

Do you have an example with a link or video of him being a major risk to the first amendment?
      August 6, 2018 4:32 PM MDT

Was it you whom Just Asking had to help with the settings on your page---honest question.
      August 6, 2018 3:09 PM MDT

No. 
      August 6, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

Not the same thing. JA is not blocking anyone's content from the site. Everything post the home page the only thing that does not are based on the individual users settings. 
      August 6, 2018 5:26 PM MDT

they shouldnt ban anyone fronn using it
      August 6, 2018 2:45 PM MDT