Active Now

Danilo_G
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » So...some hero destroys trumps square on the Hollywood walk of fame. Should he have been arrested? The city was going to remove it anyway.

So...some hero destroys trumps square on the Hollywood walk of fame. Should he have been arrested? The city was going to remove it anyway.

Posted - August 7, 2018

Responses

Technically, it is still somebody’s property, so destruction of (city?) property comes into play, though it’s only a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine.
    Probably less than it cost to put the star there in the first place. 
      August 7, 2018 6:11 AM MDT

On the news they called it felony vandalism.
      August 7, 2018 6:18 AM MDT

I think that is a function of whatever the dollar amount of the damage is. It isn't hard to imagine that it might be high in California. Like so much else there. 
      August 7, 2018 6:53 AM MDT

Maybe the guy just thought it was a Smashing Star so he did......Anyway.....no Stars last forever and all go out with a great Big Bang...This ones just seen its demise a bit quicker apparently and some might say it was self inflicted ,given his major past  goofs :)D 
      August 7, 2018 6:31 AM MDT

Yes.

Come on. 

I don't get to burn your house down because you were going to demolish it anyway.

I wish he would have demolished the White House.  But Trump is doing a great job of that by himself.

August 7, 2018 6:55 AM MDT

Yes.  Vandalism is vandalism.  What's more, they should be charged the full cost of replacing it - not that the city (or anyone else) has to replace it, mind you, but as punishment for the crime.
      August 7, 2018 9:41 AM MDT

probably
      August 7, 2018 1:56 PM MDT

Destroying or defacing things isn't nice.. but i can certainly understand the sheer frustration people there feel... It's more telling that the city was going to remove it anyway..  
      August 7, 2018 3:07 PM MDT

"Destroying or defacing things isn't nice"---I agree.---Neither are obituaries, but like Mark Twain, I read some with pleasure.
      August 7, 2018 3:32 PM MDT