Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Ever read a book where you felt it touched you?

Ever read a book where you felt it touched you?

For me it Gone series.

Posted - August 10, 2018

Responses

I remember the Ashes series ... when the author killed all the main characters in the final book.  I was sad and angry.  I had decades "invested" in knowing those people.  LOL
      August 10, 2018 2:46 PM MDT

Yes, I a have often read books that have touched me,I read around 5 books a month, I love reading.
      August 10, 2018 3:08 PM MDT

Almost everything I read touches me in some way.. I am currently reading Growing up Bin Laden... with Bin Laden's wife and son.. before that I read Jamaica Inn - the classic.. that touched me... before that I read the Serpent of Venice, a spoof.. that was very touching as I've visited Venice.. Seriously everything touches me 
      August 10, 2018 3:19 PM MDT

Oh yes, "Repent Harlequin, said the Tic Toc man" A short story by Harlan Ellison.
    For me it is usually Science fiction that moves me.
      August 10, 2018 3:54 PM MDT

most definitely...
         Every spiritual book
    that I have listed in my
    Blog on Meditation,
    has touched me very deeply
    in my Heart and Soul.
         Truth ignites a deep understanding
    within us that cannot be denied.
         Probably the one that touches me most
    is..."Play of Consciousness"
    by Swami Muktananda.
         It's cool when your heart gets touched...
    such a sublime feeling...
    I've never read the Gone series
    but glad you got touched...haha
      August 10, 2018 5:08 PM MDT

The two most recent :

"A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy" by Sue Klebold (the mother of Dylan Klebold, one of the two Columbine High School shooters in 1999 in Littleton, Colorado, USA)

"The Four Agreements (a Toltec Wisdom Book)" by Don Miguel Ruiz

and one that has touched me for a very long time -- the short story by Conrad Aiken "Silent Snow, Secret Snow" This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 10, 2018 5:44 PM MDT
      August 10, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

Yes, I screamed and cried. It turns out it was a kitten on the back of the couch that pawed my neck.
      August 10, 2018 6:01 PM MDT

Why yes, yes I have.  Thanks for asking.
      August 10, 2018 9:08 PM MDT