Active Now

Spunky
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Is there something that a person in your life wants to forget except for the fact that you won't allow it? ~

Is there something that a person in your life wants to forget except for the fact that you won't allow it? ~

Posted - August 10, 2018

Responses

Probably, but doesn't that usually say more about them than us? If they want us to forget it then it's because they feel bad and THEY want to forget it.. merely forgetting it would be fine, if they didn't keep doing the same or similar things.. so we may need to remind them... for their own good :P 

My daughter... remembers things.. only in an exaggerated way..  she remembers when I had a hire car and I couldn't see when she got out properly as the headrests were obscuring that view.. so .. thinking she had got out... I drove off.. only very slowly mind you.. but the car door hit her... I stopped immediately of course.. and she wasn't hurt.. not even bruised..  However, whenever she is mad at me she will bring this up.. and say, YOU TRIED TO RUN ME OVER IN YOUR CAR...  Now that kind of remembering isn't good and it's incorrect... and not helpful.. 

She also says a lot of other things that are similarly not true and always based on something that she has mis-remembered... For my part I have come to accept that she does this.. and it doesn't worry me now.
      August 11, 2018 4:10 AM MDT

How old was she when the hired car incident took place?

~
      August 11, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

15. I don't know if that makes it worse or better :P
      August 11, 2018 8:25 AM MDT