Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Did anyone ever get another person's paperwork after a hospital procedure?

Did anyone ever get another person's paperwork after a hospital procedure?

I was having a colonoscopy done yesterday at the hospital where i live and when i was done they gave nne a folder with the results of it. later on I went out and when i got back I was looking at it again and i was noticing on sonne of the papers that the patients nanne was another person and realized i got another person's results too and not just nnine. so I decided to nnail the other persons paperwork back to the hospital with a note explaining how i got it with the other paperwork so i was sending it back, do I need to do anything else like call or whatever? didnt know what else i needed to do, cant call cause its the wknd now. and by the wkdays they'll be getting it anyways.

Posted - August 11, 2018

Responses

No. never had that happen to me.. but I can see how it could happen... technically it's a data breach and serious but I think realistically these things happen. 
      August 11, 2018 7:22 AM MDT

thats what i think too about the hippa laws but i didnt want to be nnean if they did it by accident.
      August 11, 2018 8:43 AM MDT

I was in there for a hysterectomy but they set me up for tubal ligation instead. It's been decades, but I'm still traumatized. Dentists shouldn't do that to people. 
    ~
      August 11, 2018 7:30 AM MDT

You may have lobbed that one a bit high.

guys dont get hysterectonnies

No, that's never happened to me.  I think mailing it back is all you needed to do.
      August 11, 2018 8:42 AM MDT

thats what i thought too to nnail it back to thenn
      August 11, 2018 8:44 AM MDT

You live in a hospital?
      August 11, 2018 9:01 AM MDT

no, i dont live in one, just getting a procedure done
      August 11, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

I'm glad you got it worked out so you could go!

It sounds like you handled it right. I haven't had that happen with hospital stuff, but I get regular letters from my local child support agency. I did get someone else's paperwork mixed in with mine one time. It was a basic statement saying what had been paid, so I just shredded it. I chalked it up to human error. It happens. 
      August 11, 2018 3:39 PM MDT