Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » I bought a ceramic butterfly picture today for £1.99 - what's your best or latest bargain?

I bought a ceramic butterfly picture today for £1.99 - what's your best or latest bargain?

We have what we call charity shops here.. places where second-hand clothing, shoes, furniture, dvds etc are donated for people to buy - the money then goes to the charity...  My sons used to love browsing charity shops when they were little - and I think it encouraged a love of history and antiques..  But things don't have to be old to be re-loved.. One man's junk is another man's treasure as they say... My butterfly picture will go nicely in my horribly lilac room :P

Posted - August 14, 2018

Responses

A Toro lawnmower for $20 that wouldn't start. It needed fresh gasoline and a new spark plug.
      August 14, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

i ordered a robocallblocker, tired of telennarketers bothering nne even though inn on the donotcall list they call anyways, this has a data base of 5000 nunnbers and if sonneone calls that isnt on the list the blocker will put thenn on the list
      September 12, 2018 4:01 PM MDT

This was a charity-shop buy too, a large, framed aerial photograph of "my" part of England's South-West Peninsula.

Photographed from a bit South of my part of the central Dorset coast, and extending Northwards to the Bristol Channel shore, I can just pick out the tower of my local church, but the distance makes individual buildings further North indistinct. Cheddar Gorge is fairly clear though, and the roughly-circular Axbridge Reservoir near that, stands out very well.

Not bad for £4.50: I would not be surprised if it had been £45 new.

Similarly to Pearl I've also bought (new) a phone with caller display but not yet set it up. I think using call-blocking is an extra to my normal BT landline service, though. It could have been useful today, when I had another call pretending to be from BT's "technical centre" to say it would be cutting my broadband connection. It was soon obviously a recording, and when it said "Press button 1", I swore at it and hung up. 

February 12, 2019 4:06 PM MST