Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you enjoy a good sleep time because it is too boring to just sit around waiting for things to happen..?

Do you enjoy a good sleep time because it is too boring to just sit around waiting for things to happen..?

Or do you wish you didn't have to be bothered with sleep time because there is so much interesting stuff to read about and learn about and so many things to do  alla time? 

Posted - August 15, 2018

Responses

• "For as long as I can remember,
    I've always felt that I might miss something
    while I was asleep, but you can't live without it."

August 15, 2018 1:39 AM MDT

I wish I were asleep.
    It's past the middle of the night and I'm wide awake.
      August 15, 2018 1:48 AM MDT

Ok take the day off tomorrow and get some sleep... I could go without sleep for one night and not do too bad the next day but not two nights. 
      August 15, 2018 2:22 AM MDT

Just occurred to me now; consume a few cherries before bedtime.  Cherries are a natural source of melatonin to help make you have a sound sleep. 
      August 15, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

I may have to try that. I never did fall asleep all night last night. Usually don't have that trouble. But I need to eat more fruit anyway!
    :)
      August 15, 2018 11:29 AM MDT

I enjoy sleep as it's the only time I can be free from the nagging and problems of life.  Its also a time when my imagination can truly be free.
    For 16 hours (on average) a day we toil and fret.  We work our jobs, we frantically move from one place to another, always trying to beat time.  We strive to accumulate things so that we can live (food, shelter, clothing) as well as nourish and maintain our bodies (feeding, cleaning, adorning, keeping from being harmed).  All the time worrying about tomorrow - Will I have enough money to pay the rent and buy food, what will happen in my relationships, I mustn't forget to do this or that tomorrow, and so forth. Out of those 16 hours, how many minutes are we not doing these things?
    Then there's sleep.  A few brief hours to relax and recharge. During this time, our minds provide us with "entertainment".  No cares, no worries, no toiling.  The limits of our bodies vanishes (e.g. we can fly, move at great speeds, travers great distances in seconds),we can explore places and realms that don't/can't exist in reality, we can experiment with thoughts and actions that might prove damaging in reality.
    No, I enjoy sleep. Many of the ideas for the stories I've written came to me while I was sleeping.  I find sleep a blessing, not an annoyance.
      August 15, 2018 9:49 AM MDT

Yes, that's good. 
      August 15, 2018 10:28 AM MDT

At my age, the Sandman comes and goes at his choosing.  I.......ZZZZZZZZ

August 15, 2018 12:40 PM MDT

:)
    Ha!
      August 15, 2018 2:05 PM MDT

When I was working and going to school full time with two children by myself I spent one hour per day like this with my office door closed.  It is how I survived because many nights I never even got into the bed....just shower and go back to work.  I don't know how I survived it. 
      August 15, 2018 2:57 PM MDT

Sounds like tenacity Thriftymaid..that's what got you through...
      August 15, 2018 3:08 PM MDT

• I would like to enjoy enough sleep time without getting woke up by something during the middle of a dream just before an age old mystery gets solved.
      August 16, 2018 11:40 AM MDT

i enjoy sleep tinne especially when inn bored and dont have nnuch to do
      September 12, 2018 3:52 PM MDT