Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you especially feel freaked out if you see a stain shaped like a little rat on the counter?

Do you especially feel freaked out if you see a stain shaped like a little rat on the counter?

Posted - August 19, 2018

Responses

No because we have a small colony of rats that live near our house.  If I couldn't get the stain off the counter , that would freak me out.  Not because it was shaped like a rat.

A quick needless bit of knowledge but pertinent to my answer:   We  live on property surrounded by government-protected land.  Even though I speak of L.A., we don't live in "the city."  Squirrels, rats, mice, gophers, moles, rabbits, and an abundance of scurrying little creatures have lots of real estate in this area, too.  Cohabitation has to happen.  It'a a small price to pay.  They stay out of our house.  We stay out of theirs.  Common Courtesy, to a certain degree. This post was edited by Merlin at August 19, 2018 5:12 PM MDT
      August 19, 2018 11:48 AM MDT

• This is intellectualism to a transcendent degree, and I agree.
    Emotionalism though, can make
    a mountain out of a molehill. We
    really should accept as the pecking 
    order for the ability to survive to our small furry friends no matter 
    how disease easy we think they be?

August 19, 2018 4:13 PM MDT

So True! We have coyotes and rattlesnakes, hawks, etc.  that keep the population of all the furry little creatures at bay.  Being aware that they may carry diseases has crossed our minds.  I'm sure us poisoning them and killing them via traps has crossed their minds too!  (A little giggle there to you, with a wink and a smile!)  With all the natural predators around, we really don't have a problem with them.  
    I think they are more wary of us then us of them at the moment. :) :)
    Think if we had a barn.  There is a very good chance we would have mice and rats there too. That wouldn't stop us from having horses.  We would probably be in closer contact with them in that situation than we are here.  Thanks for your thoughts.  You are so much fun! :):)

P.S. We DO NOT poison them or trap them.  I was speaking as the general.  Some people do.  This post was edited by Merlin at August 19, 2018 6:22 PM MDT
      August 19, 2018 6:13 PM MDT

Does that mean that Dis'tain is not all it's cracked up to be or not to be.....that is the question....?  , !   :)D
      August 19, 2018 3:56 PM MDT

yes
      September 9, 2018 5:20 PM MDT