Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » How would you handle a social event you can't leave & the hostess demanding all the attention to her with you having to back her up?

How would you handle a social event you can't leave & the hostess demanding all the attention to her with you having to back her up?

Posted - September 4, 2018

Responses

You are an enabler. :)
      September 6, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

Good Morning SpunkySenior~ :)  You are right and I'm  not pleased about  how the whole situation played out.  I went against my own beliefs.  I let her intimidate me at times.  She leans on me a lot.  I don't like to give any excuse for her behavior or how she treats people BUT (there is always a but with her)  she is so hit and miss you never know where you stand.  Literally, in the same conversation she can "love" what you are saying and one sentence later she "hates" you and is ordering you off her property.  If this is what we now call bi-polar she needs to get some medication and some counseling.  
    It is really difficult to be around someone like this.  I don't know enough about the mental bi-polar status to know but it sure seems to fit the bill.  
    How someone can ever be that severely hot and cold is frightening. I"m afraid to be in the kitchen with her sometimes! This post was edited by Merlin at September 6, 2018 2:16 PM MDT
      September 6, 2018 10:17 AM MDT

She needs to be diagnosed and then give the proper meds if it is a bi-polar issue.  It could be other things, too.  Not sure of her age, but per-menopause and menopause can have some of those same symptoms. 

September 6, 2018 2:18 PM MDT

just say excuse nne but i got sonne stuff i need to do at honne
      September 6, 2018 2:59 PM MDT