Active Now

DannyPetti
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is it a stalwart statement to say that humans will die out just like the dinosaurs?

Is it a stalwart statement to say that humans will die out just like the dinosaurs?

And just like The Sons Of Anarchy?

Posted - September 10, 2018

Responses

I'm not even sure what stalwart means so I'd have to look it up! But I would add.. that if we do die out then it's of our own making rather than a natural disaster or disasters as was bevelled to be the case with the dinos This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at September 11, 2018 6:08 AM MDT
      September 10, 2018 9:36 AM MDT

stal·wart
    ˈstôlwərt/
    adjective
    adjective: stalwart

loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
    "he remained a stalwart supporter of the cause"
    synonyms: staunch, loyal, faithful, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable, reliable, steady, constant, trusty, solid, hard-working, steadfast, redoubtable, unwavering
    "a stalwart supporter of the cause"
    antonyms: disloyal, unfaithful, unreliable
    dated
    strongly built and sturdy.
    "he was of stalwart build"

noun
    noun: stalwart; plural noun: stalwarts

a loyal, reliable, and hardworking supporter or participant in an organization or team.
    "the stalwarts of the Ladies' Auxiliary"

September 10, 2018 11:30 AM MDT

• No comment. Right. Wrong I. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 11, 2018 6:11 AM MDT
      September 11, 2018 6:10 AM MDT

i dont think anyone can know that
      September 10, 2018 9:54 AM MDT

Stalwart doesn't fit the question, but I would still have to say yes.

September 10, 2018 11:34 AM MDT

stalwart means loyal, reliable, and hard-working

I would say that it is inevitable that humans will eventually die out.

At the very least, the sun will one day burn out; when it falls to 10% of its current heat, in about 4 billion years, life on Earth will be extinguished. 

However, global catastrophic extinction of all life other than extremophiles is likely by 2050.

It is highly likely unless the entire world cooperates in the maximum possible reduction of CO2 and methane emissions by 2025.

The likelihood that the world will cooperate to a sufficient degree to ensure survival is very low.

We have one option left, to do the best we can while we still can, and to behave towards one another with love. This post was edited by inky at September 14, 2018 5:47 AM MDT
      September 11, 2018 4:08 PM MDT

• Love is the answer.
      September 14, 2018 5:49 AM MDT