Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How on earth do people run on little to no sleep for days without taking drugs or pills?

How on earth do people run on little to no sleep for days without taking drugs or pills?

One night or less than an hour’s sleep and I’m done for. Somehow people in special forces in the military do this for up to several days during training. I don’t know how people do it. 

Posted - September 13, 2018

Responses

Mind over Matter.  ;)

September 13, 2018 3:01 PM MDT

All females are born that way......Science tells us though ,that the males of our species have their brains in different parts of their anatomy which can also be used as a leash to lead them safely  about with.....
    :)D 
      September 13, 2018 3:52 PM MDT

I am not rolling but bouncing so much underneath my bussum you would be giggling too ust watching! Indeed.  You are so very right!  I do believe that is why women are smarter than men.  We allow the blood to spend more time in our heads of rightful thinking than the other that has us all misbehaving. 
    Walkiee, Walkiee, Walkiee!

Love ya!  I really am going to slink out of the house and run to work.  Thank Goodness I thought of making the bed first!  Big giggles and hugs, always!

September 13, 2018 4:31 PM MDT

Hey...at least we have two heads. Both serve a purpose.
      September 13, 2018 5:44 PM MDT

As they say, “Two heads are better than one.”
      September 13, 2018 5:51 PM MDT

But is the one used more often the smarter of the two?
      September 13, 2018 10:11 PM MDT

Sorry, sleep matters to me. When I was in my 20’s I could fully function on 2-3 hours a night for a few weeks. Now I can’t do it for a day I feel I’m lucky. I slept for less than an hour last night. I’ve been suffering all day and grumpy too.

I would like to add I think with the head on my shoulders far more than the lower one. I don’t think I can argue against women are smarter. I’m going to quote one of my favorite little George Carlin bits.

”Here’s all you need to know about men and women. Women are crazy and men are stupid. The main reason women are crazy is because men are stupid.” I probably don’t have the exact quote, but it gets the point across.

I want to add an interesting fact. Half of women are on medications for mental health issues. This means the other half is running around unmedicated. :( This post was edited by Rizz at September 13, 2018 10:13 PM MDT
      September 13, 2018 6:14 PM MDT

I loved George Carlin.
      September 13, 2018 10:13 PM MDT

No idea either.. I had a poor night sleep last night, struggled to get to sleep and woke early as I was worried about something.. That's not like me and it really shows as my eyes are killing me and I feel so weary now... SO what I am saying is.. I am beat even with a little less sleep.. 
      September 13, 2018 3:21 PM MDT

Many people sleep walk and come to no harm...... With the correct training ,sleep running seem the next step to Take if you ask me....
    :)D 
      September 13, 2018 3:35 PM MDT

probably drink nnonster drinks and lots of coffee
      September 13, 2018 3:44 PM MDT

• i can run fine on 3 or four hours of sleep as long as i stay awake when i wake up. if i hit the snooze and fall back to sleep even for fifteen mins or so i will feel like death. i hate sleeping because i feel like its such a huge waste of time i can spend watching netflix or taking pictures of my plants. 

im pretty sure there has been research done on this but unfortunately i dont remember exactly what the verdict was. i think pretty much along the lines of "guess they was just born this way" and maybe some genetic shenanigans

crazy how nature does that 
      September 13, 2018 3:51 PM MDT

As long as I get 6 hrs I am good.
      September 13, 2018 8:53 PM MDT