Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Is there an area of your city/town where you really shouldn't go? (High crime etc.)

Is there an area of your city/town where you really shouldn't go? (High crime etc.)

Posted - September 16, 2018

Responses

Not where I should not but just where I would not want to go.  We live in a very safe town - low crime etc. 
      September 16, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

Hello Element 99
    I live in a town where crime virtually nonexistent. 
    The only "crime" we experience is people speeding on our roads, especially on the weekends. Our roads are a destination for motorcycles and car clubs. On any given weekend we will have several accidents due to people driving to fast. At least once a summer there will be a fatal accident and there are at least 4 roadside crosses marking where someone has died... 

September 16, 2018 11:01 AM MDT

• Nope. Davis is a pretty quiet town. It's obvious that the area east of downtown is a lower-income area, but I've never known about any significant crime there. There's a nice thrift shop there that I visit often. 
      September 16, 2018 11:46 AM MDT

Davis is a lovely town.  It's a good thing the people here are weirdos or I would suggest you delete your post for fear of others wanting to change your docile town.  I've only visited but I do like it.  I used to have relatives that live there.  They have passed away.  I still drive past it occasionally.  I'm glad you are able to be part of it. :) :)
      September 17, 2018 11:07 AM MDT

There are far to many places to list in all areas of London ,north or south of the river...areas around the east end  of the city and in Harlesden west London....many areas south across the Thames River are the same... This post was edited by Nice Jugs at September 17, 2018 11:07 AM MDT
      September 16, 2018 12:01 PM MDT

• It has a southside that cops patrol often.  
      September 16, 2018 12:18 PM MDT

We have area that even the cops don't like to go.
      September 16, 2018 2:22 PM MDT

Not of my town but some of the neighboring towns. 
      September 16, 2018 1:05 PM MDT

not that i know of
      September 16, 2018 2:40 PM MDT

East Baltimore I suppose.
      September 16, 2018 2:42 PM MDT

Not that I know of.  There is very little crime here.  We know not to go around the canals at night because of the gators. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at September 17, 2018 11:07 AM MDT
      September 16, 2018 6:58 PM MDT

I live in a small town with little to no crime. The closest city with areas no one wants to visit is about 30 minutes away. Like all big cities it has its nice parts and its parts where most police won’t patrol. 
      September 16, 2018 7:06 PM MDT

OH MY! Yes!  I also do not live in those areas but they are definitely abundant.  I could name them but that would be publicity both good and bad.  Sometimes those areas are created because of poverty and the needs to survive.  They overflow into others.  We all have needs.  It's a matter of choices we make that makes the difference. 
    I have lived in VERY scary parts-of-towns in my life because of poor choices and being a victim of circumstance.  Either way, we all segregate for one reason or the other. 
    I would like to think people would want to better themselves and their environment.  Sometimes people want to but are too afraid to and get stuck.
      September 17, 2018 11:14 AM MDT