Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » A few years back I had an accident which broke my back, I went to a second hand store...

A few years back I had an accident which broke my back, I went to a second hand store...

At the time I was living in Belize, I bought an ergonomic chair probably worth a few hundred dollars for $15.00 USD. This chair has the works, 3 adjustable peddles and all. Best $15.00 I ever spent, do you have an ergonomic chair in front of your computer?

Posted - June 23, 2016

Responses

• No, it squeaks and it's a little lopsided.

June 23, 2016 7:04 AM MDT

We just move into new office space. The chairs they provided are supposed to be ergonomic, but they only adjust for height. You can't adjust the seat to tilt more forward or back and there are only two settings for the seat depth - neither of which works for me.
      June 23, 2016 7:06 AM MDT

Bummer!

June 23, 2016 8:31 AM MDT

That's to bad.

June 23, 2016 8:32 AM MDT

No I have a comfortable chair that is the right seat height.  That's the most important feature of a chair as far as comfort and health.  I have trouble finding a chair that has a 14 or 15 inch seat.  

When my kids were still home we had one of those "ergonomic" chairs where your weight is actually on your knees.  It was horrible.  HORRIBLE!   We all hated it.

I am glad you have a good comfortable chair, especially with your history.

June 23, 2016 9:01 AM MDT

i dont have one, i hope your back is better though

June 25, 2016 9:34 PM MDT

Honey, I am a Massage Therapist.  I am an ergonomic chair.  But I hear ya.  If you have relief?  I am right there. 
    God bless.  If you can find a good acupuncturist (I don't have that skill), you may be amazed.    A great massage by a great practitioner goes a long way to help as well. 

June 25, 2016 9:37 PM MDT
  • Bez

I have an ordinary computer chair in front of my computer, in fact I am sitting on it as I type this. It doesn't even have any luxury extras that I've even heard of, let alone any features that I've never heard of. I mean, what on earth are adjustable peddles? I didn't even know "peddle" was even a noun, let alone an obscure chair feature. I really need to get another dictionary, one slightly more up to date than my 1970 Pocket Oxford Dictionary (that one doesn't have the word "peddle" as a noun in it, let alone as an obscure chair feature).

By the way, did these "peddles" (whatever the heck they are) make any difference to your back? If so, I must check them out one day, just in case I need them when I'm older. Lol:)

June 25, 2016 9:39 PM MDT