Discussion » Questions » Communication » Are You Tired of Political Correctness Yet? Here, Maybe This Will Help...

Are You Tired of Political Correctness Yet? Here, Maybe This Will Help...

You just can't make up crap like this:

Princeton HR department: Don’t use word ‘man’

Posted - August 19, 2016

Responses

• To the fellows below, since at 8 we run out of replies. I started reading Bertrand Russell, John Stuart Mills, and Arthur Koestler, among others, when I was 14. It's all mixed up in the influences in my brain. Love M Scott-Peck, Mathew Fox, and a few other radical theologians, along with Elaine Pagels on Gnosticism. Am atheist, as I'm sure you all know by now. I accept the discoveries and theories of science on topics like the origin of the universe and life. But I think there is a way to be "spiritual" in the context of atheism. That is through cherishing life. Although it must also exist elsewhere in the universe, it is too far away to reach. Which makes what we have here irreplaceably precious. Suffering, if we can only understand it properly, is nature's way of showing us how to care better for the well-being of life. I completely agree that good and love are interchangeable when one carefully examines what they mean. I also find you guys interesting conversationalists. And if we disagree on various points, it only adds spice to the conversation.

September 9, 2016 2:25 AM MDT

Hartfire:

Okay, I knew I wasn't imagining that! I could smell the flavor. lol

I actually didn't know you were atheist, I'm guessing either I haven't been paying enough attention or you must be rather open-minded about it all.

Sending you a friend request. I'd intended to give you the last word anyhow :)

Nimitz:

I had noticed that about her as well, cordial and posts things worth reading because they're challenging. Thanks for posting a question where we could discuss :)

September 9, 2016 7:06 AM MDT