Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When the only way they can survive is to lie, they lie. Whether t'is a SCOTUS nominee or a presidential candidate. Do you blame them?

When the only way they can survive is to lie, they lie. Whether t'is a SCOTUS nominee or a presidential candidate. Do you blame them?

Posted - September 19, 2018

Responses

Yep. I blame them.. because there's always a choice.. Someone, or even some people on here reminded me of that a while ago.. when I posted a question about people being corruptible. we all are, it's just the price or threat that determines whether or how long we hold out.. but at the end of the day.. we do have a choice.. 
      September 19, 2018 9:45 AM MDT

Corruptible?  Everyone? I shall have to think about that Addb. Say someone threatens harm to a loved one if you don't do something illegal. If you fear harm will be done and you comply have you been corrupted? Isn't that very different from lying, cheating, stealing, greedily taking whatever you can get your hands at everyone's expense? Would you go to the "authorities" if you were threatened in that way? What authorities do you TRUST in your country? I'm going to ask that question because in the US of A I can't think of any authority I trust any more. If all pols are corrupt (which may or may not be true) trusting any of them can be a very grave mistake.
      September 20, 2018 2:41 AM MDT

Or when we have a gun to our head or know that otherwise we will lose what is dear to us?  Of course we lie to survive. Though you may choose to condemn us for not measuring up to whatever standards you want us to have.  We are not - not one of us - is perfect.   Which is why I will not condemn others. 
      September 19, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

Dfiferent strokes. Thank you for your reply.
      September 20, 2018 2:42 AM MDT