Active Now

Pet Eater
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Are you on Facebook anymore?

Are you on Facebook anymore?

I just feel like it is only a contest of who posts more pics, and a constant array of 'look at me' , 24/7... I post here or there, but usually quotes, and get no likes or responses.. and I have quite a few friends there. It really bugs me now b/c I like a lot of people's posts frequently, or respond too. Are you thinking of leaving FB if you are on now?

Posted - June 27, 2016

Responses

im on facebook but i dont really use it much

June 27, 2016 8:31 PM MDT

No.  I´ve never had a profile there.

I don´t like it. I find it boring.

June 27, 2016 8:37 PM MDT

I do too , ty !! I just feel like I'm some anti social thing b/c I don't like it.... It's like some human passage now, 'post to FB' *in zombie tone* lol. It's like, I don't need to share 'every' moment of my day with everyone or boast either... ty for your reply UC

June 27, 2016 8:39 PM MDT

That's why I never created an account.

Facebook is the pinnacle of human inauthenticity, and a cancer to meaningful conversation and relationships.

June 27, 2016 9:28 PM MDT

That is a really good way to put it; human inauthenticity. Yet people act like this is LIFE itself; it is like this whole subculture of constant 'likes' or competitions of how many photos you have posted about what amazing thing you saw or how you look today lol. I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels really a bit adverse to it all.. ty.

June 27, 2016 9:33 PM MDT

June 27, 2016 10:09 PM MDT

I was going to private message this, but it wont allow until you accept friend request.. but a short amount of what I wanted to say was, this is just the TOTAL sum of how I feel about facebook (or rather, what it has become and the people on it). I really liked "A person's day is filled with all sorts of wonderful experiences...the smell of the rain, soft beach-sand on bare feet, and the view of a lush valley from high atop a mountain. But, people would rather share these experiences than have them, and events in their own lives are hidden behind a viewscreen, where smell, and touch, and grandeur and scope is lost." You put it so eloquently and just hit it Stepper. I often think 'I just saw an amazing sunset, or a little cute turtle  or etc.' and I don't think I NEED to post it, to get a liek, or to get 'wow'. as a comment. I often cannot post anyway which sometimes sucks b/c my phone is having issues w/picture sends, but, I wouldn't be posting every day, every week. Others like me, who have had low confidence, that go on FB, feel even lower by seeing who is now engaged, or what amazing thing someeones mom did for them, etc.. or a pic of their bf and them. It's like a SCREAM for, look at me/us!!!! We are perfect and love to post ALL we think or do... lol. But honestly I do need a BIG break from it. I have friends there that are being so rude to me (but aren't too much in 3d).. that say things there b/c its ' 'online' , and make me feel so bad if I don't hang out.. that's another reason I need a break. But, ty for poignantly wording how I feel- I thought literally I was the only one it seemed, who just felt so empty after being at FB. It's not the site itself, it is how people use it. I post a nice quote, and get NO likes or any comment ever. It is a bummer b/c over the years, I've posted so many comments to friends:/ I hope some day to chat Stepper.. have a great night..

June 27, 2016 10:31 PM MDT

I am there, but only because I need to.

June 27, 2016 11:19 PM MDT

•   June 28, 2016 8:17 PM MDT

•   June 28, 2016 8:18 PM MDT