Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is Air Conditioning Sexist?

Is Air Conditioning Sexist?

No. I'm NOT yanking your chain.

Air conditioning in your office is sexist. True story

Posted - August 19, 2016

Responses

Absolutely! Why, just the other day my split system uttered a string of misogynistic epithets which I can't repeat here. I'm thinking about sending it to mandatory sensitivity training. :-)

August 19, 2016 3:27 PM MDT

Old news really. I know it sounds goofy, but taking a moment to consider that other people might feel colder than you is not the end of civilization.
      August 19, 2016 5:32 PM MDT

Sign of the times, now we have Hanes and fruit of the loom underwear that are advertised as high tech. breathable underwear, lol! So now my balls can breath?

August 19, 2016 8:03 PM MDT

When I was going to school in Phoenix the English professor complained constantly about the ac. "You don't have to wear a jacket until March, and then you only wear it inside!"

August 19, 2016 8:33 PM MDT

Agreed.  I never said this wasn't a problem.  Fact is, women's internal 'thermostats' are set a bit lower than men's.  That should be taken into consideration where men and women work together...but to say ''air conditioning is sexist'' is absurdly non-descript. MEN who fail to create a comfortable environment for female coworkers are certainly thoughtless and may or may not be sexist, but inanimate objects have or confer no such emotion.

August 19, 2016 11:06 PM MDT

Unless you support the development of the same technology in women's undergarments, you, too, are sexist. :-)

August 19, 2016 11:10 PM MDT
  • D&D

Well, everyone should wear breathable underwear. Crotch are sensitive and you don't want jock itch.

August 19, 2016 11:38 PM MDT

Speaking as one who knows, you got that chit correct!  I had a NASTY case in HS.

August 20, 2016 1:20 AM MDT

I've always worked in rooms where I controlled the temperature, which I am happy for. If working at home, I try to keep the temperature at a temperature which I can afford to pay. If it was too cold, I wore warm clothes. If too warm, I had a fan.

However, most buildings I enter here where I live are either too cold or too hot. So I guess it depends of who is running the business.
      August 20, 2016 10:36 AM MDT

• But they should also be considerate of people that are hot. You can put on a sweater, but you can only take off so much at work.

August 20, 2016 12:51 PM MDT

Speaking of chains, is Alice in Chains still relevant?  Are dirtbike chains sexist?

http://xgames.espn.com/xgames/real/17219263/haughelstine-17219717

August 20, 2016 12:53 PM MDT

No the air conditioner is not sexist.  The inconsiderate man in charge of the temperature setting maybe sexist or just ignornant.   

August 20, 2016 1:13 PM MDT

Exactly. 

See, this is the central problem with what passes for liberals these days.  They seem to have an obsessive need to misidentify the real culprit.  They're forever blaming inanimate objects for what PEOPLE do. It's not the murderer who kills, it's the gun.  It's not the inconsiderate, walking penis of a boss who's sexist, it's the air conditioner.  Some day I HOPE a liberal will explain this odd fascination with linguistic absurdity to me.

August 20, 2016 3:21 PM MDT

That's the real answer here.  The AC needs to be turned up, and all the men need to walk around naked. :-)

August 20, 2016 3:23 PM MDT