Discussion » Questions » Finance » Do you think the economy in your country is improving? If so, how or by what measures? Has your pay kept pace with inflation or improved?

Do you think the economy in your country is improving? If so, how or by what measures? Has your pay kept pace with inflation or improved?

Posted - October 6, 2018

Responses

A mile from the city of City of London ,house prices have jumped from £30,000 pounds to £ 3,000,000 million pounds plus and still rising over the last 25 -30 years.......
    How can anyones pay keep up with that...:(
      October 7, 2018 3:33 AM MDT

My income is stagnant, so when prices go up, I have less for discretionary spending. I just lost my free dental insurance. That's another $150 less per month.
      October 7, 2018 7:55 AM MDT

Not sure what criteria you would use to measure that.  For many of us it has improved and markedly so.  Mostly due to a government that less seeks to declare war on business and banking.  So more investors and entrepreneurs are more willing to take risks with start-ups as well as expansions of existing operations.  Don't understand how one "keeps pace" with inflation except by more judicious and careful spending. 
      October 7, 2018 8:52 AM MDT

i hope so
      October 7, 2018 8:57 AM MDT