Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you think the leader of a country should represent the best of the people not the worst?

Do you think the leader of a country should represent the best of the people not the worst?

Shouldn't we look up to a leader not cringe or shudder with each word/deed he or she utters/does? Should a leader be more intelligent, more honorable, more talented, more knowledgeable, more truthful,  more trustworthy and kinder than the people he/she leads? An example/role model of the best not the worst?

Posted - October 7, 2018

Responses

Again I cannot understand your fascination with "leaders" let alone "leaders of a country". If a country has one leader than is it not a totalitarian country if everyone has to follow the same person?  In the U.S. we elect representatives, not "leaders".  Who may not represent us at all. My "senator" is Liz Warren who to me represents the worst and most erroneous kind of thinking and classism and divisions out there available.  So she does not represent me.  Nor do I "follow" her.  We may each choose to follow individuals who are everything you say if we so choose.  They are not likely to make it in politics. 
      October 7, 2018 8:29 AM MDT

You have Elizabeth Warren....my sympathies. Please, remember to vote. 
      October 7, 2018 8:50 AM MDT

Well she has her own life to live and more power to her she should enjoy it.  But she does not have my sympathy.  Geoff Diehl who is opposing her has gained a lot of support here but I don't think enough to come close to unseating her. 
      October 7, 2018 8:55 AM MDT

Well the "worst" of the country has proclaimed "he is not my president", so apparently he does not represent the worst of the country
      October 7, 2018 10:22 AM MDT

Bastards and cream rise to the top.  Trump's white, but he has the nutritional value of fat free half & half.
      October 8, 2018 6:01 PM MDT

Funny weird odd tom but while I know cream rises to the top it never occurred to me that ba*tards do too. But you're right. They do not do it alone on their own. They require people who LET THEM. People who ENCOURAGE THEM. People who SUCK UP TO them. People who ROLL OVER for them.  There are so many of them it is mind-boggling. To me at least it is. They keep propagating at this rate only ba*tards will be left. I wonder which ba*tard will out-ba*tard the rest of them? Which evil is eviler than all the other evils? Do you wonder too? This post was edited by RosieG at October 10, 2018 5:02 AM MDT
      October 9, 2018 3:02 AM MDT