Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I dunno what a Kanye West concert costs to attend or how long they are. He performed a freebie for 10 minutes in the oval office! Didja see?

I dunno what a Kanye West concert costs to attend or how long they are. He performed a freebie for 10 minutes in the oval office! Didja see?

Is that the normal Kanye Schtick? What's he selling to whom and why? Anyone know what's going on?

Posted - October 13, 2018

Responses

Until you mentioned him in a previous question, I had never heard of him. I still don't know what he does or was doing at the white house. Also, what the heck was Jim Brown doing there. I would be more interested in what he had to say.
      October 13, 2018 7:54 AM MDT

Seriously Ele?  He is supposedly a GENIUS musician. He is married to Kim Kardashian. She is a TV celebrity who has no talent and is famous for being famous. Just like super don. No talent TV celebrity famous for being famous. She is not our prez nor is Kanye though at this point maybe one of them would have done a better job. I know Kanye has a SEVERE mental problem and had at least one breakdown. I don't know if Kim does or doesn't. She did marry him so she must have a least one screw loose.  I guess we'll see what other "celebrities" super don attracts. Them that's trumpicans are few and far between. Most celebrities are Liberals and super don cahn't stend it! So he will settle for the dregs like a Ted Nugent or a Clint Eastwood or a David Duke or others of their like ilk if ya get my drift. More to come. The amount of empathy super don has is immeasurebly tiny. What is smallest unit of measure there is? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      October 13, 2018 8:32 AM MDT

Smallest unit is the mass of an electronvolt. 1.78 X 10 ^-36 kg.
      October 13, 2018 10:21 AM MDT

Here is the transcript.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-meeting-kanye-west-jim-brown/
      October 13, 2018 9:37 AM MDT

I didn't read the whole thing. It was incredibly boring and  the purpose of the conversation is lost one me. I should go back home now.

October 13, 2018 10:31 AM MDT

I believe the purpose was prison reform. They were trying to get a pardon for a 68 yr old man from Chicago who was given 3 or 4 life sentences for trying to organize the black community years ago.

From what I can gather. 
      October 13, 2018 11:15 AM MDT

Thank you. That's pretty important.
      October 13, 2018 11:42 AM MDT

Kanye is admittedly off his meds. That he needs them is testament enough, that this is what he is without them should ably demonstrate his dire need for them.

That Trump embraces the med-free, ranting bi-polar lunatic should effectively demonstrate his own priorities: He wants people to see celebrities (of any stripe) kissing his behind. 

Question to anyone: Why hasn’t the POTUS made any noise about addressing climate change? This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 13, 2018 10:42 AM MDT
      October 13, 2018 9:11 AM MDT

In answer to your question because his base believes climate change is a liberal hoax and believes the earth is 6000 years old and believe the BIBLE is the word of God. D'ya think the cowardly wimpy terrified super don would take them on? Seriously? No way. No chance. No how. So few celebrities are trumpicans he takes whatever dregs are available. Remember Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair?The super don has a Ted Nugent and Scott Baio and David Duke for starters. Probably Tom Selleck though I haven't seen him around at all. What the he** has happened to RUDYG?  WHERE IS HE? Merrily we roll along. Sigh. Thank you for your reply DB! :)
      October 13, 2018 9:39 AM MDT

I would guess Trump firmly believes if he ignores it, it will go away. His grandchildren will regret his inaction.

Fortunately, the private sector has more than picked up Trump and the failing government’s slack on the biggest issue of our time.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at October 14, 2018 2:11 AM MDT
      October 13, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

I subscribe to TIME Magazine and got the newest issue yesterday. Oh my gosh it scares the bejeesus outta me. It says TRUMP 2024 TRUMP 2028 TRUMP 2032 TRUMP 2036 TRUMP 2040 HOW TRUMPISM OUTLASTS TRUMP The Strength of His Support. I'm gonna ask a question about it. I haven't read anything within because the without is so dam* frightening. Thank you for your reply DB and Happy Sunday to thee.
      October 14, 2018 2:13 AM MDT

So you saw this yet you wonder why the press is disliked?
      October 14, 2018 9:33 AM MDT

He says it was a misdiagnosis. So no meds to be off. 
      October 14, 2018 5:54 AM MDT

West says a lot of things. I think the evidence speaks otherwise. Your last sentence is a misdiagnosis, he admitted going off of them. 
      October 14, 2018 6:59 AM MDT

He says a Dr who works with the NFL on brain issues said it was a misdiagnosis. Not bipolar but actually sleep deprivation. So that Dr would have voided the prescription and perhaps gave him something to help him sleep. So, no meds to be off. 
    Lack of sleep can cause both mental issues and physical issues. 
      October 15, 2018 9:23 AM MDT

I seen parts. I liked it. 
    I would not attend a performance....I don't like rap.
      October 13, 2018 9:16 AM MDT

"I seen"?   Grrrrrrr. 
      October 14, 2018 5:35 AM MDT

Yes. How could we not know? It was all over the news. And why does anything need to be going on? The guy happens to be a Trump supporter.
      October 13, 2018 10:07 AM MDT

Surely his supporters can withstand the company of another unhinged egomaniac. 
      October 13, 2018 10:28 AM MDT

Well I don't know about that some of Trump's  supporters are racists and Nazis and I don`t  imagine they were impressed seeing Trump embrace a black man. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 13, 2018 12:04 PM MDT

Well it wasn't exactly a freebie because it cost American tax payers a bit of money for security and a free lunch for West. I did  see the interview and thought it was pretty crazy and the craziest part was West wiping out his smart phone and showing the World his pass word which was 00000. Trump says West is a smart cookie but I think that pass word shows he's not - it's an idiots pass word like using 12345 because you can't remember a string of random numbers. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 13, 2018 10:50 AM MDT

Is the security cost any different than that of the hundreds of other people who have been invited to enter the White House over the past 20 or 30 years?  No new wheel has been invented here, folks, merely the names have changed. 
    ~
      October 14, 2018 5:39 AM MDT

Or perhaps West was smart enough to change his password to 000000 before the meeting knowing he would likely need to unlock it during the meeting. 
      October 14, 2018 5:52 AM MDT

I don't think there's much evidence that West contains that level of intelligence. You've heard him speak, right?

:|
      October 14, 2018 8:53 AM MDT