Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Is there a song from a movie that now, every time you hear it, you think of the movie?

Is there a song from a movie that now, every time you hear it, you think of the movie?

One incredibly strong association for me is "Blessed Assurance" from the very opening of the movie "Places in the Heart"

I love the movie

And besides the very ending scene, this opening credits scene is the scene I remember the most; due in large part to the performance of this song

"Blessed Assurance" has never sounded better to me than this choir's performance for the movie score, 
    Bethel Community Church with a very talented Cheryl Hardwick at the piano

Two stunning minutes for me; give it a listen

:)

Posted - October 14, 2018

Responses

Alice Cooper - - I've always liked them. I like that song, of course.
    I don't think I've seen either movie you've mentioned about that song. But their "Killer" and "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell" are my two favorite albums from them.

All the artists you've mentioned surely are classic. Yet, I now realize I've seen none of the movies you mentioned. I've certainly heard of them, though.
      October 16, 2018 7:19 PM MDT

• If you ever have a free day, you now have a few movies to add to your list.  :)
      October 16, 2018 7:35 PM MDT

You're right. I think I might like some of them or even all of them. All of them intrigue me in different ways.
      October 16, 2018 7:36 PM MDT

Hey, here is a favorite comedienne of mine - - she might be a good avatar for you some day.
    Gotta love Ruth Buzzi's "Gladys."

Image result for gladys ruth buzzi
      October 16, 2018 7:39 PM MDT

• Haha, thank you. I saved it to my computer.    She was funny with Artie Johnson.
      October 16, 2018 8:22 PM MDT

Yes, you're right.
      October 16, 2018 8:32 PM MDT

• The theme from Tootsie.  https://youtu.be/mxD1EXTN5X8 This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 28, 2018 12:44 PM MDT
      October 17, 2018 9:14 PM MDT

That's sort of funny -- I almost forgot all about that song until I heard the music start. And it all came back. Nice song!
    I really liked that movie a lot. One of my favorite performances from Hoffman. And Jessica Lange -- so far, I've loved her in any movie I see her in. 

And I apologize for taking this long to respond to your answer.
      October 28, 2018 11:48 AM MDT

• My Mom and I saw that movie together before she was going into hospital for cancer surgery.  It was light and romantic and funny. Just what we needed. Have always loved the song. No apology needed I was having lunch lol.:)
      October 28, 2018 12:49 PM MDT

Thanks.

And I hope your mother is doing well.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 28, 2018 7:21 PM MDT
      October 28, 2018 7:21 PM MDT

October 20, 2018 1:23 AM MDT

This is a fun song to listen to! And the guy is nice to look at on the album cover here.

If you want, feel free to share the movie that used the song. But it's all good -- I enjoyed listening!
      October 28, 2018 11:54 AM MDT

October 20, 2018 2:35 AM MDT

OldManLadyLuck! I'm sorry! I listened a long time ago to your "Oh, Yeah" song here (a strange video to me, ha!) - - and I then promptly forgot to post a reply to you. I will listen to the other two, too. I love the Thompson Twins.
    Got to come back a little later, though. And this all reminds me of a couple of other posts I need to listen to from some of my other questions I've asked.

Feel free to share the movies that go with the songs if you want. But no worries -- it's sort of fun to wonder about what movies may have used these songs.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 28, 2018 7:17 PM MDT
      October 28, 2018 11:51 AM MDT

I enjoyed the other two songs, too. I was unfamiliar with the Thompson Twins' "If You Were Here." As usual, they didn't disappoint me.

October 28, 2018 7:20 PM MDT